Help Needed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i have decided that i will collect tau. can you give me some help. any help is appreciated. my main opponent is ork he doesnt have much at the moment so his army is groing with my tau.

any thing is useful. tactics, tips etc.

i am new to tau so i dont know too much about them.

also who thinks tau are too predictable. any ways to make them less predictable (but not suicidal) are appreciated.

thanks

k3

for the greater good

Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you dont have the tau codex buy it. if you do have it read it. search internet for pics so you can get inspiration on how to paint them. when i started i bought a tau battleforce. you get a decent army of 12 fire warriors 12 kroot 3 BS soem trees and 10 gundrones. dont know the points it costs but it will be around the 500 points ( guess?? ) from there on i expanded ( and i'm still expending )

"Welcome in the wonderous world of tau and kroot. Fight well for the greater good and we will aid you, brother, whenever you need."

-Aun'el Tolku Or'es Mont'yr

--for the greater good--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks. as i asked do you find tau are too predictable? and also what is the point of the extra cc weapon bonus that the kroot rifle gives you need 2 for an extra attack.
    Want a website built to show off your miniatures? We recommend www.reaperwebdesign.co.uk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>shoot shoot shoot and shoot some more </span>

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pathfinders are the way to go if you like being unpredictable. they are the most versatile unit for tau. they can go tank hunting (seeker missles, EMP grenades), they can go marine hunting (railrifles), they can support heavy weapons (markerlights), they can go infantry pinning (carbines), they can either fly straight ahead and harrass (free pregame move), they can be a mobile devastator squad (markerlight their railrifles to hit light vehicles or marines). they can be mobile wall (for battlesuits to hit and run behind while advancing).

there&#39;s so much to do with them, every tau army should consider using them (still optional to use them)
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all..... Welcome to the Tau army...... Second, Rhino Driver is right, pathfinders kick ass&#33; Also consider using the rules created by vycan in the approriate forum for the Tau Sniper...It is rather inexpensive and will remove the units that cause the most threat.....As for the army wise....get a lot FW&#39;s and Battlesuits...They will shoot the ***** out of your enemy&#33;&#33;

"Brother, welcome to the fight for the cause of the Greater Good. I assume you will be staying for awhile, so unless I hear of your death, I expect to hear MUCH good of your conquests. Go on and destroy all those that oppose our cause." -Shas&#39;o Mont&#39;yr Myen Malcaor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if ur playing orks make sure to take lots of fire warriors, they pwn. Make sure u got somethin to take out those trukks open topped will still be just as good when wh 4.0 comes out

at least rhino&#39;s wont be tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rift how often do you post? As for the FW&#39;s, yup&#33; Get at least 4 full squads when you are challenging a very large Ork army.....Have fun&#33;&#33; You might also want to field a Hammer head with Railgun as well......It could help you kill those really big mobz.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@rhino driver:

Ya but all those points can go up in a puff of heavy bolter fire in just a turn, (assuming there are at least 2 heavy bolters within LOS).

@Karl:
    The Tau can&#39;t help being predictable to some degree I think, they have alot fewer options than most armies, but at least you can be more creative than necrons,

Aside from the obvious ways of being original, (different weapon arrangements, etc.), there are some other things you could try.

You could get good at hiding kroot and learn to use lots of them in your army, that&#39;d be different than most I think. (requires lots of forests or some luck though)

You could try using alot of devilfishes and pulse carbines for a nice mobile army, but until GW approves full carbine squads that may not be a great idea, (as you&#39;ll be wasting all of your pulse rifle fire, or getting in close enough to be assaulted).

Er, I&#39;m about out of ideas. Welp, that&#39;s a start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k.k.k.(not kkk) In the codex it says that it gives the kroot an extra ATTACK in close combat, not just extra cc weapon.

Ya get a hammerhead they rock. need a good deal of battlesuits, they are the main base of any good tau army, Especially stealth suits, they can tear any lightly armored units apart. Firewarriors, they are great, especially for their point values, just remember to use thier range to your advantage. Krootox, I see no use for them...At all. if you use kroot, i highly sugjest kroot hounds to go in the squad they are your best bet for CC in a Tau army, and that field craft +12" thing is a must for forrest battles.
    Protect your frailty in a Mechanical body.
    Remove your frailty with mobility.
    Hide your frailty in a body unseen.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast