Beating De - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beating De

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking for a Necron army and tactics to beat Dark Eldar. There will probably be 500, 1000, and 1500 point games. Any suggestions? Things to watch out for from the oponent?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

im dark eldar and you shall be chopped to bits lol (no offence) but seriously expect a lot of assaut and trust me monoliths wont help :lol:

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense taken. Tell me more. What would you take against Necrons and what sort of tactics would you use? What Necron units are you most worried about?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Against DE..well...don&#39;t let him get close. Destroyers and veiled Immortals are a great help, but be careful not to land in assault range of a unit which you can&#39;t destroy or cripple that turn. Especially the HQ and ravagers are priority targets, wyches aren&#39;t that effective against Necs.

jwu

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

im not to sure if i should betray my bretheran hold on i could get some more power in comorrah let me think on this :unsure:

----

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

451 (x8)

ok dont get close

----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should really put my cards on the table.

I am a Dark Eldar player who is new to the game. My first few games will be against a friend who plays Necron, and I am trying to get an idea of what he will field against me, what tactics he will use, etc.

I&#39;ll be playing 500pt games at first, then upping to 1000, etc.

Being new, I expect to get tooled pretty badly, but I would at least like to make a decent showing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that was shady, trying to sound as if you played necrons... Anyways, you should try to use jetbikes and get clos to him. Raiders are a great help as are ravagers... you should probably use plenty of dark lances and disentegrators to negate his save... DLs prefrerred so there are no WBB rolls. If he brings a monolith, which he probably will in the 1500 pointer, then you should try to avoid it at all costs. The flux arc projectors will rip you to hell, and all your guns will bounce of the side, save the DL, which won&#39;t get its special power to reduce the AV to 12. Instead you have to roll a 5 to glance and a 6 to penetrate which is not very good considering DE BS. Just go fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that was shady, trying to sound as if you played necrons...
    Yeah, in retrospect that was lame.

For 500 points, the Necron choices look pretty limited. He is looking at 460 points just to fulfil the minimum of 1 HQ and 2 squads of ten warriors each. That only leaves 40 points for wargear or additional units. Some of the wargear doesn&#39;t seem so worrysome. OTOH, the lightning field looks positively nasty.

First time out, I am fielding three raider squads, and a Drachon who will join one of the squads as the game begins. I&#39;ll try to stay at least 24" away from his warrors and pound a bit with the Dark Lances before closing to assault range. Once that initial 500 points is painted up, I can start looking at how to grow to 1000.

What about going after the monolith with haywire grenades?

All-in-all, Necrons look like a pretty tough match for Dark Eldar, regardless of my tactics.

Thanks for the info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by TheWayOfTheGun@Oct 29 2003, 193

For 500 points, the Necron choices look pretty limited. He is looking at 460 points just to fulfil the minimum of 1 HQ and 2 squads of ten warriors each. That only leaves 40 points for wargear or additional units.
    i can tell u his list the two squads of warriors, lord and reconstruction orb

00:12:50-) (+Hard_Aun|sleepage) anyway, three months back i got out of bed and came downstairs loud, fast and naked with a club

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast