Saim-hann Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this will be my first army and im might be making some mistakes so any imput will be appreciated. i am a little worried at some one yelling "cheese" but yeah the army does have many exploitable weaknesses if they play me right.

Saim-Hann eldar

wild rider chief 65

4 rangers 76

4 rangers 76

4 rangers 76

vyper squadron 285
    crystal targeting matrix
    star cannon
    t/l shuriken catapults

3 vyper squadron 285
    crystal targeting matrix
    star cannon
    t/l shuriken catapults

3 vyper squadron 285
    crystal targeting matrix
    star cannon
    t/l shuriken catapults

3 vyper squadron 285
    crystal targeting matrix
    star cannon
    t/l shuriken catapults

2 vyper squadron 190
    crystal targeting matrix
    bright lance
    t/l shuriken catapults

2 vyper squadron 190
    crystal targeting matrix
    bright lance
    t/l shuriken catapults

fire prism 180
    crystal targeting matrix
    halo-field
    spirit stone
    prism cannon
    t/l shuriken catapults

the idea will be to outmanouver the opponent and dance in and out of range and in and out of cover. but yeah the main weaknesses seem to be that bolters can glance me and any heavy weapons will really hurt. any other info or suggestions would be helpfull

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to be a good way to really disorientate them with speed and power, if you really wanna screw them up get a Falcon with its pulse lasers and give it a starc cannon. But all in all it should do pretty good, the only thing to worry about are heavy weapons. use the vipers to destroy them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, I've never seen an all vyper saim-hann list, it looks pretty good. Have you tried bikes in the army?

I would really like to see the army in action, it would be pretty neat.

Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dood that is an awesme army. i would be scared shitless to fight it.

it must have cost a FORTUNE!
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im wondering if I should take a farseer or stick with the rider chief. at least the farseer might be able to augment the ranger squads. it should be a fun army to play. but yeah like i said im a lil worried people will yell cheese at me but its gotta be better then beil-tan with all 6 troops slots of reapers.

it must have cost a FORTUNE&#33;
    as for the cost i should be able to get the army for under &#036;400 so really not that much for how much arse i should be able to kick. i did i double check through all the battles with this army in mind and aside from controlling bunkers (few infantry) it should be pretty easy. that and eldar have a strategy rating of 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay new idea apparently theres not usually enough cover for a squad of three vypers which makes the CTM rather useless. So this leaves me with two options ether drop the CTM from all the vypers and spend the points elsewhere or bring my own cover. for the second part does any one know if a wave serpent can provide decent cover for three vypers? i havnt seen any models for this to give a comparason.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt drop the matirx on all of them. have some guy in the back just thorwing shots out

u may want to drop the rangers (all of them) and have like 1 squad in the back firing and give all the other vypers, holo flieds and spriit stones.&#39;

no point using wave serpent for jsut cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe i should have been a little more descriptive of what i wanted to do with the wave serpents Salamander. wave serpents also make great tank buster what with there twin linked bright lances. i can have them advance right up to the enemy taking out a few tanks here and there with a squad of vipers behind them. when the wave serpents finally do get thrashed (as i expect they will) i can have a far seer inside them who pops out to use guide on the jet bike squadron that was using the wave serpent for cover. thereby increasing the effectiveness of some of my vypers and allowing me to pop in and out of cover even if there isnt alot to start off with. but if wave serpents dont offer any decent cover then this tactic is kinda screwed. also can i use guide on a twin linked weapon (bright lances on the wave serpents). i seem to remember seeing some where in my travels that you can only reroll once to hit but im at work now and dont have my books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my khorne army would need lassos to fight you in hand to hand i think...

but yes people will yell cheese at you, thats alot of star cannons mate.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually thats a nice idea. it maybe alittle, well i dont wanna say waste but i will for lack of a btter word i liek the idea tho and i do think it will work. pm me and tell me how it works&#33;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast