Lictors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lictors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Lictors

Ok I've heard a lot of people complain about hot these guys are bad now and I just don't agree. The lictor has now shifted from a mini hive tyrant that can obliterate squads, to a much more supportive role. Here are some advice for using lictors that I have come up with.

*Always deepstrike the lictor into cover that will at least give it a 3+ cover save to prevent it from getting killed too fast. It now only has 2 wounds as all of the people's comments I've read have made abundantly clear. That is the main problem with the lictor, aside from it's armor, so protect those 2 wounds.
    *Make use of the pheromone trail! I used spore mines with it and got 2 out the 2nd turn. Whiped out 1.5 squads of space marines and the other wasn't much of a threat after the lictor got done with them.
    *Use the hit and run to make sure that the lictor doesn't get hurt much. Make them run away, and then get back in cover.
    *You can also use the flesh hooks to your advantage. Flush out units that are in cover and you can scale small buildings.
    *The feeder tendrils also give the lictor the ability to do character hunting considering that with 4 attacks on the charge, rending, prefered enemy, I and S 6, and deepstriking make him ideal for killing 1-3 important, powerful characters very fast.

If anyone has any opinions on any of this, criticsism, questions, or anything else please respond.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

- Against a certain, CC poor army, they're also a great way to prevent an enemy force from running (i.e. escaping out of assault range) when you least want them to. For example: Crisis Suits, or Stealth Suits (both of which are reasonably reliant on cover).

- They also make great support troops for Gaunts, especially against high WS opponents.

Lictors are not, however, the "uber assassins" their fluff has always implied. When used as a delaying tactic, or as a method of denying the enemy cover saves, Lictors work wonders. They rarely earn back their points, but that's what the rest of your army is for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

to be honest i like the new lictor rules and felt they needed a mild tone down as now players will think a bit more when using them rather than charging them into any thing. though it is alot more fragile it forces players to be a little more tacticaly with them.

though they are weaker it is possibly a good thing for alot of " no brains tactics" gamers possibly draging them into some thought.

of course if you really dont like them dont use them simple as that

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

i feel that the lictor is a bit weak in cc, just about anything can take it out in cc. the only really good role for the lictor is to attack very shooty squads early in the game.

first time i used it with the new rules i charged into a chaos space marine unit with 4 heavy bolters, in turn one. killed two models and the rest of them fled of the field.

ofcourse making units flee is better then just holding them up, but you can't rely on only luck. that's why the lictors aren't as good anymore, they're too damn fragile, you can't rely on them staying alive for one turn in combat with anything with s 4 or more.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

But they're also great at dealing with enemies who aren't expecting an assault on Turn 2 (and if launched right, the resulting locked squads can prevent nearby enemies from shooting the rest of the army). Unfortunately, I do believe that Hit and Run is unnecessary, and that the Lictor shouldn't be forced to pay extra points for an auto-disengage that just makes it possible for the enemy to shoot it to death.

Lictors make Dark Reapers weep sad little tears of space-elven sadness, however.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Necrontyr
    first time i used it with the new rules i charged into a chaos space marine unit with 4 heavy bolters, in turn one. killed two models and the rest of them fled of the field.
    With the new rules ,the lictor deepstriking ,it has to wait till turn 2 to show or am i wrong.

Under the new rules the lictor has become a handy tool.I don't see the lictor winning back every point back, but when used at the right moment with a little luck you can screw up your opponents plans.

a little question:if you have multiple lictors can you reroll the other lictors deepstrike with the other lictors pheromones trail? thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x5)

The pheromone trail cannot be used on lictors, period, not just the lictor that has the ability.

Oh and yes for the deepstrike you have to atleast wait till turn 2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the best things for lictors is hit and run IMO. Instead of keeping the squad tied up and maybe dying, you can retreat with a great cover save and stand a good chance of not only tying their shooting up, but not sacrifycing yourself in the process. Even if they just move away you have kept them from shooting heavy weapons. And so the lictor is the best plan-breaker we have except for a Ctanifex getting in CC.
    ________________W/L/T
    Hive Fleet Furi Kuri 32/21/4
    Tomb Kings: 8/5/2

Im in ur Halo, killin ur covernantz

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-170 (x0)

IMO too fragile, I'd rather take some more hormagaunts.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use lictors to take out basaliskd and heavy weapons teams ect

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast