Help with new Eldar player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with new Eldar player

I have a quick question for a new player to the eldar race. In the Eldar Storm Guardian plastic box set, which guns are which? I know there are supposed to be Flamers, Shuriken pistols, and Fusion guns, but I'm not sure which one is which. Also, there are different close combat weapons, there's a sword and something like a chainsword. For these purposes are they both close combat weapons? Thanks for any help with these questions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SEBattle2
    I have a quick question for a new player to the eldar race. In the Eldar Storm Guardian plastic box set, which guns are which? I know there are supposed to be Flamers, Shuriken pistols, and Fusion guns, but I'm not sure which one is which. Also, there are different close combat weapons, there's a sword and something like a chainsword. For these purposes are they both close combat weapons? Thanks for any help with these questions.
    The shuripistol is the one with the disks in the hilt, the chainsword and the powersword count as regular CCW's now days. There's also the lasgun, laspistol, shurican catapult. The fusion gun (old melta) is the one with the large round tip, the flamer is the one with the small tip, both have fuel tanks on the bottom of them. Further clarification? check out GW's website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So wait, I'm still a little confused. I only see three different guns, 2 kinds are metal and one kind is plastic. The plastic one is really long and is the one I see eldar troopers usually caring. One metal one is very small, and the other metal one is long and has an oval tip with some kind of weird casing on the second handle. Thanks for the help on the CC weapon info though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

So wait, I'm still a little confused. I only see three different guns, 2 kinds are metal and one kind is plastic. The plastic one is really long and is the one I see eldar troopers usually caring. One metal one is very small, and the other metal one is long and has an oval tip with some kind of weird casing on the second handle. Thanks for the help on the CC weapon info though.
    the long one you describe sounds like the shurican cannon.

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...torm_squad.htm

use this as a guide. The guardian on the far right has a fusion gun, the one 2 from left is a new style flamer

here's another look at the fusion guns, as that's all fd's can have
    http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...iredragons.htm

Any other questions, just ask, good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

The long ones are shuriken catapults, not cannons.
    The pistols are shuriken pistols. And the swords are close combat weapon.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot, that really helps. The only problem now is that the box only comes with 1 flamer and 1 fusion gun, so unless i convert the flamer to a fusion gun, i have to go buy another box to get an additional fusion gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that I have that out of the way, how about some people post comments to my up and coming 500pt list?

1 Farseer: Singing Spear, Mind War
    8 Guardian Storm Squad: 2 Fusion Guns
    8 Guardian Defender Squad: Grav Platform, Star Cannon
    5 Howling Banshees: Exarch w/ Executioner
    5 Striking Scorpions: Exarch w/ Scorpion's Claw
    Total 499pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking that army might have some trouble getting to the other army in tact, but other wise, you have some anti-armor, anti-heavy and light troops, ect. But like i said, looks like it might be kinda slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Thanks a lot, that really helps. The only problem now is that the box only comes with 1 flamer and 1 fusion gun, so unless i convert the flamer to a fusion gun, i have to go buy another box to get an additional fusion gun.
    You need another box anyway, 8 stormies are just too few to last long enough for cc. You also really want to keep the options of fielding either 2 flamers or 2 fusion guns, since both weapons come in handy sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Sareld
    You need another box anyway, 8 stormies are just too few to last long enough for cc. You also really want to keep the options of fielding either 2 flamers or 2 fusion guns, since both weapons come in handy sometimes.
    Agreed w/ serald (although I think it's a first seeing him say get more guardians=)
    PM a usa address SEbattle, and I'l send you a few flamers and melta/fusion guns.

The list looks nice, it's well balanced and should be fun to play in small battles. Good luck.

Oh, and as noted, the long one is the shuricatapult, not cannon, as they'res only 2 models that can carry the cannon-the WL, and the DR exarch. Note, you may mount them only all sorts of vehicles though, including jetbikes (which aren't vehicles)

+ Reply to Thread