Tau Paint Schemes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau Paint Schemes

I was wondering what different variety of paint schemes tau players painted there armies?

Do you paint directly out of the book? the plain old tanish desert colored armour with black underlining? Or do you create your own?

Personally I've painted my tanks to resemble that of the hammerhead & devilfish shown right behind the front cover of the tau codex (some variation of course). My Crisis suits are painted a mix of black underlining with white outer armour, midnight blue, sky blue, and boltgun metal thrown in to give color and variation as well. My firewarriors are painted to resemble Storm troopers from starwars, because well, you have to realize they essentially are. Some of the best troop weapons in the entire game given to these foot soldiers who, realistically, cannot hit a large boulder standing in the middle of an open field.

so what are your armies colors/themes?

Donuts anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by FolkenFanel
    I was wondering what different variety of paint schemes tau players painted there armies?

Do you paint directly out of the book? the plain old tanish desert colored armour with black underlining? Or do you create your own?

Personally I've painted my tanks to resemble that of the hammerhead & devilfish shown right behind the front cover of the tau codex (some variation of course). My Crisis suits are painted a mix of black underlining with white outer armour, midnight blue, sky blue, and boltgun metal thrown in to give color and variation as well. My firewarriors are painted to resemble Storm troopers from starwars, because well, you have to realize they essentially are. Some of the best troop weapons in the entire game given to these foot soldiers who, realistically, cannot hit a large boulder standing in the middle of an open field.

so what are your armies colors/themes?
    Yes.

Moving on!

I have yet to do so, but the way the Stealth suits were painted appeals to me very much..spread across a whole army though...IDK...I might go right out of the book...

O'Dev'n

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I am currently juggling color schemes for my Mech Tau, flipping between a Green/White and a much darker Black/Blue Black/DA Green Black/Purple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currently painting my Tau using Reaper paints. I use a bright red called "Firehawk Red" for the cloth of the suit and "Bloodstone" green for the armor & boots. For the crisis the I use green on the armor and red for the joints and center strip that runs around the model.

As the biggest strenght of the Tau is thier advanced weaponry, i wanted the guns to be the most prominent feature so they are all painted in bright gold. To tie the suits & guns together I use white for the Tau symbol and chest circle and circle on guns, and use gold on a couple small places of suit.

Pye
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tau have a kind of neutral/urban colour scheme; codex grey, fortress grey and shadow grey form the main palette along with a 50/50 mix of codex grey and chaos black.

's lot of grey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am using the color scheme on page 48 (I think) With the red/orange/white camo devilfish and red/orange/white in general. I am very happy with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

All the clothing on mine is a balck dry brushed with codex grey, the armour is blood red, the skin is varying shades of blues, the guns are balck, and lastly all the capes and banners on mine are scarab red (the capes and banners are converted )

I'm working on a nightfight squad which is solid black with streaks of earth coloured reds across them.

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace of Spades
    All the clothing on mine is a balck dry brushed with codex grey, the armour is blood red, the skin is varying shades of blues, the guns are balck, and lastly all the capes and banners on mine are scarab red (the capes and banners are converted )

I'm working on a nightfight squad which is solid black with streaks of earth coloured reds across them.
    Friggin' sweet.

Sounds like what my 750pt "FlashFire"will be. :lol:

O'Dev'n out.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Mine are..

Uh...

Well..

..erm..

My battlesuit is..

Sprue gray....with some green (stuff) on 'em...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Tau are black, blue (Midnight Blue), and sprue grey (i actually paint them, but the only grey I have is exactly the same as sprue). The weapons are always black. The more blue your armor is, the more authority/better rank you have. For example, my Shas'os' armor is almost all blue, but my Shas'las' armor is mainlt black, with blue helmets and Tau symbols.
    Go get 'em angst man!
    -Palpatine to Anakin in 1337 Star Wars Episode III trailer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast