Guardian Jetbike Usage - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Guardian Jetbike Usage

Ok, as you might have noticed, I am not a huge fan of guardian jetbikes. But as luck would have it, I recently brought 11 of them of virtually no money, and I have decided to make the best of what I got, and maybe even buy a little extra stuff for them to make them fieldworthy. So, here is my question: How do I make the best use of them? I am already in the process of converting 2 of them to carry farseers, which leaves me with 9 left. I planned to make a single squad, configured like this:

Jetbike squadron (329):

6 Guardian jetbikes
    + 3 Shuriken cannons
    1 Warlock Jetbike
    + Power: Conceal
    + Singing Spear

That leaves me with 2 jetbikes left. Maybe IĀ“ll make myself a wild rider, and keep the last one in reserve for future conversion projects, like an exarch HQ on a jetbike or something. Now, can you figure out a better way to use 11 jetbikes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really can't tell you, i've had a warpspider take out 3 jetbikes by himself sooo.. yeah.

The Love Muffin [Black] Katalyst's Avatar
    I'm startin' the chainsaw and runnin' down the line!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

112 (x5)

um......i'm not a fan of jet bikes at all.

yes they are insanley fast, tougher than normal guardians, but their shootiness isn't great.

i still haven't found a good config. for them.

yours looks good but for the same amount of points, a raptor squad will rid the world of them.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
    Dear god.... that is a bit scary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Not only does he have a mighty beard, but he also mentioned nakidity in his post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Yeah.. or for the same points, I could get a fully upgraded falcon plus 2 vypers. In fact, I can hardly thnk of any way to spend 330 points worse in any army.. Someone really screwed up when they calculated the price for jetbikes. Never the less, I want a squad, and it better be a squad of the best possible configuration, so the points are only partially wasted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't do anything drastic to them, and use magnetic mounts or putty to keep them together because it's almost a given that Jetbikes will get one of the most serious makeovers in the new codex.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Heres What I have to say, I feel that by giving Jetbikes ShuriCannons you kinda mess it up IMO, and also to save pts.

Keep them plain and just have em charge around shooting at what ever moves, if you can, coordinate with a squad of swoopinghawks:

Have the jetbikes move into shooting and assault range of a unit,
    Get the Swooping Hawks to Deep Strike behind of to the side of the target unit,
    Shoot target unit,
    Have jetbikes Assault target unit.

Then if the target unit falls back and your Hawks are there (if you got it landed right on) the'll be wiped out due to crossfire I believe.

Expensive? yes
    Worth it? Maybe not
    Makes the Game Fun? Hopefully

I strive to do thing different!

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Yeah.. the new dex. I hardly feel like assembling any of my models at all, and stick to DE untill it is out, but the truth is that the new dex is so far away. They havent even begun working on it yet, those lazy bastards, and they will probably do orks first, then do some more space marine, and then tau, and more marines... it will never end. I just hope that the new dex wont be a load of half finished crap like the current dex. Sometimes I just feel like doing space marines, only because they are the only army that GW makes an effort to make good looking and balanced. The rest of the armies are lunch-break projects to GW.. it annoys me a lot.

Mikethefox: Yeah, but the shuriken cannon are the only reliable weapon for jetbikes. Expirience tells me that I cant count on the catapults ever, they are just too short ranged. I plan on darting from cover to cover with these guys, and make pop-up attacks when I reach the enemy, but I wont have the oppotunity to fly back into cover in the assault phase if I have to move them all the way into catapult range. Forthermore, I really (really!) dislike swooping hawks. They have to be the worst aspect choice in the army.
    Last edited by Sareld; July 9th, 2005 at 18:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Farseer Sareld, the best configuration (in my opinion, obviously) is this:

Guardian Jetbike Squadron: 176
    Guardians (x3)
    Shuriken Cannon
    Warlock
    Destructor

You fly up to your target unit, then align the guardians along in front of you target and the warlock to the far left or right of jetbikes, and slightly forward. You fire with Jetbikes, and use Destructor across the target unit, getting maximum hits, then either charge or move away. This works on any infantry up to T5 and a 4+ save, because Destructor will nail what Shurikens can't. This works on Fire Warriors, Imperial Guard Storm Troopers (or indeed hevay weapon squads), Sisters Repentia, other Eldar, Dark Eldar.

Argh, editted due to horrendous typos. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by Nebulas; July 27th, 2005 at 17:55.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

That sounds very effective, neb (Y) I actually play against tau and IG on regular basis, so it suits me fine that it is effective vs. low T sv 4+ troops.

With that configuration, I can build 2 farseers on jet bikes, one wild rider chief and 2 squadrons of 3 guardians and and a warlock.. great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What neb said is great for the current form of the jet bike, but I would still wait to use them till the 4th edition eldar codi come out and we get to see what form they take.
    My Armies
    Eldar 11-1-1
    Necrons 9-1-2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast