Cult of Gore takes second (again) in RTT but gets Best General award - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cult of Gore takes second (again) in RTT but gets Best General award

Had a great time and won all 3 games with my Wych Cult. Even took the award for best General by scoring the most battle points. First game was against Marines and I almost got my self into a bind. One WWP squad was run off the table first turn. His big mistake was that after the first squad ran, he moved the rest of his force towards my other squad. Fortunately they were behind a hill and out of LOS. As my reserves came out they were able to go right into HtH.

Funny thing is that two of my opponents gave me zero points for army comp. One of them was IG that was killed to the man on turn 4. He blew it right from the start by moving his guard forward and allowing me to open a WWP almost in the center of the table. Two Wych squads had 12" assault drug rolls and were able to get into his rear and the others were close enough to assualt without it. He was such a sore looser that he was packing to leave the entire event. Even told me later in the day that there was no way he'd ever play me again. I reminded him that we played a game about 6 months ago and he beat me. Guess he could dish it out but can't take it.

The other one that scored me zero had a Space Marine army and fielded a Las Cannon or Missile Launcher in every Tac Squad and a Dread coming out of a drop pod. He also felt that there was no way a Dark Eldar Army should be able to beat Space Marines. Of course he also had no problem shooting 4 MLs and 3 Las Cannons at my DL squad. Again he made the mistake of move his squads forward so not only were they in assault range but his HWs couldn't fire. I've heard Dark Eldar called a lot of things but never an overpowering army. Especially by guys whose troops are in Power Armor.

Sigh. Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary. You know you probably won't like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Well done on your victory, you never know, people might learn how a DE army is supposed to be composed and give you some points next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Congratulations on your achievement and dont worry about those two guys there probably just sore losers.

+ Reply to Thread