Broodlord model: single pose? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Broodlord model: single pose?

Just wondering if anyone out there has an early release broodlord model and can tell me whether it's a multipart model, or whether it only comes in the "bark at the moon" pose.

TIA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

My brother referred it as the "Come to Jesus!!" pose (after a scene from Johnny Mnemonic). . .

Err. . . Anyways, I'm guessing that the basic posability is limited, but a minimal amount of modding should make it possible to change the pose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The basic poseablility is limited. You can choose between the "Come to Jesus!!" pose or have it in a stealor style pose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But why would you want to change it?Its a mad pose.Very aggressive and ferosious.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    But why would you want to change it?Its a mad pose.Very aggressive and ferosious.
    Because every single Tyranid player that fields one, will have it in that pose, for the exact reason you said.

I think it'd be great to have that "odd one out" Broodlord, or any other model while we're at it. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    Because every single Tyranid player that fields one, will have it in that pose, for the exact reason you said.

I think it'd be great to have that "odd one out" Broodlord, or any other model while we're at it. ^_^
    Yeah what you say is true BUT you shouldnt sacrifice quality just for being 'odd' or 'different'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

The broodlord model comes in 7 pieces,1. body with head attached to it, 2 rending claws2 2 scything talons and 2 leges.
    Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Unfortunately, there are pegs and slots on each leg so there is only the "Do you want to be saaaved!?" pose, and also a pose where he's leaning forward with the claws out, but that doesn't look very good as the legs aren't bent at all so it just looks like he's kinda, leaning over a table or something.
    It does take a horrific amount of modelling to change the pose, but it's pretty rewarding when you finish it - my Broodlord is standing with one leg really straight, the other standing on a skull, and both of his arms outstretched with one holding an eldar arm. I've also bulked out his shoulders with green stuff to make him look a bit more like the artwork in the tyranid codex.
    I wouldn't say "don't try" because it's really rewarding to have a broodlord that's different from the herd. But I would say only try if you're very good with greenstuff, clipping off joints and resculpting them to look natural, and in general totally changing a model, because to make it look really different requires a lot of modelling, and you don't want to screw the model up. The only qualm I have with the model is that the head looks too small from the front - I am considering sculpting the crest of the broodlord onto a genestealer head and then sticking it on there instead of the broodlord's head.
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine has one foot planted on the floor and the other strait out behind him with his RC streched out in front of him it looks like he is either in full flight or diving on his foe, not much of a hastle to model, just clipping the right bits off and moulding joints to look seamless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you can change the position of the arms slightly so the palms are face up, which is what I call the 'Why, God, Why?' pose.
    Very funny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast