What Do You Equip Your Warboss With? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just starting an Ork army. I've bought 2 boxes of Slugga Boyz and I've bought a box of 5 Nobz. I want to start thinking about a Warboss now.

I've visited another forum and there seems to be an equal debate between a:

-Mega Armoured Warboss
    (S10 on Attacks, 2+ Armour Save, Attacks Last, and Moves in as if in Difficult Terrain)

OR

-'Eavy Armoured Warboss with Bionik Bonce and a Power Claw and Choppa
    (Choice of faster S5 attacks, or slower S10 attacks, 3+ Armour Save )

Cybork Body, Big horns/Iron gob, and a Bosspole are agreed on as neccesities for Warbosses.

So, which Warboss in your opinion is better, and if you have a different Warboss, what do you equip him with?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use three attack squigs!!!! To get three buy the warboss with the attack squig and use rippers (Tyranid) For the other two.... 6 extra attacks is nice....
    I personally like the faster one.. Because if his trukkblows up he isn't a sitting duck... He's a moving ork! And also I'de give him this...

Shoota/melta
    Choppa
    3 attack squigs
    Bionik bonce
    'Eavy armor
    Big horns
    Boss pole
    Frag/ Krak stikbombz
    And or Tank busta bomz (or meaning not the krak bombz)
    Cybork body

I know I'm forgetting somthing... But I'm to lazy to get the codex...
    Mount him in a watrukk with 5-10 nobz... (I like 5... 10 is WAY to big of a taget to have, But in 2750-... It helps...) Anywayz... Glad to see another warboss!

Power to the WAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i always give eavy armors to all my nobs and warboss. the amount of saves you prevent usually always makes up their points worth. (almost like you save 23 pts every save succeeded).
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a warboss has mega armour I find that it dies really quickly when it gets in close combat with anything strong, such as in the battle report with the black templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First a few words on mega-armor. First the bad; It is expensive as far as points. It is slow. On the up side however it gives a good save and has a PK. [power klaw, for all you non Orks]
    I would take a mega armored boss in a truk or battlewagon, or a KOS list.

Other useful gear....essential is the big horns/iron gob. Bionic bonce if not in mega armor, as well as eavy armor.
    Cybork body gives an invulnerable save against those pesky power weapons, so if you can afford the points get the upgrade.
    There is a hot debate about the usefulness of a PK on a warboss, as this negates his awesome initiative value and potential WAAAGH initiative.
    I go for the standard weapons on my boss, so he always strikes first...choppa and slugga. Getting an extra attack as well.
    I use a boss pole and banna wava with my boss.
    A warboss is a close combat monster...use it.
    WAAAGH!
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Boss is equipped with Mega Armour, Kombi Rokkit/Shoota, Stikkbomb Chucka, and he is mounted in a Wartrukk. Sadly, I haven't been able to obtain a box of Nobz, so he is alone in the Trukk for now. Later, I'm planning to get three Cave Squigs from Fantasy and use them as attack Squigs for him as well. Hey, he may attack last, but against most odds, he's stronger and has a 2+ save. That's what I think anyway....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vampiric_Drake8, I see your point, I think the attack squigs will help soak up some wounds. Good idea.
    I use my warboss with a unit of skarboyz on foot mostly, so the armor would just slow me down. The 20 skarboyz act as a nice meat shield to soak up incomming fire and wounds. My skar boy nob has a PK, which I use for tougher stuff.
    WAAAGH!
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the Squigs are pretty damn cheap too. So if I could avoid three or four attacks and allocate them to my Squigs, then My Warboss can have the last Rip, WAAAAAAAAGH!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll add my 2 cents in there...

Squigs have seperate bases and do count for your total number of units, although they can't be targeted specifically for hits, they can be hit by blast weapons.. so...

That also means they could for your army average armor value...

So, in the case where you have 1 leader with 3 squigs, that squad has an armor save of 6+ when being fired at (the majority of the squad has 6+).

That's another reason I never spend the point equiping a nob in a grunt unit with special armor, waste of points. If they get obliterated in a blast of gunfire, he'll hardly EVER get to use his armor value in a fight.

So I like to keep my leader light and relatively cheap. I'll do the armor and bonce for him only when he's leading a descent sized group of similarly equipped nobz (count on a 400+ point hq unit).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense fabel, but what your saying doesn't really make sense to me. Your telling me that if I have a squad with three Squigs and a Boss in Mega Armor, he doesn't get the 2+ save? That makes no sense. If they were actually fighting, the squigs would just die first, the boss wouldn't get killed more easily because of them......

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast