Psychic abilities that lower Leadership... Does it make sense? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psychic abilities that lower Leadership... Does it make sense?

I just recently thought of this... where the fluff and the game mechanics make no sense... If anyone can chime in and help me understand this, that would be coo. =)

1. Tyranid Psychic Scream - It lowers *Necron's* leadership, even though Necrons have no psychic abilities or can be affected by psychic stuff.

2. Pariahs - Their anti-psyker abilities lower leadership to 7, but what if 2 Necron players were playing each other? It doesn't make sense that the lack of a soul and an anti-warp signature would affect Necrons... And how come Necron A's pariahs don't affect them but Necron B's pariahs do?

Any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#1 They can definitly be affected by psychic stuff, neither the rules nor the fluff says they have no souls or mind or any of that. In fact they are the shadows of the souls of the Necrontyr. If they are completely immune to all things psychic the C'Tan would never have slept, they would have simply ignored Chaos and the Warp.

#2 They are fearless. So while they technically have a lower Ld it doesn't matter. They aren't scared.
    Last edited by dirksj; July 15th, 2005 at 02:47.
    DirkSJ
    "I have plenty of talent and vision; I just don't give a f..."

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I see where you are comming from but think of it like a computer would, simply and algorithm based around the porobability of sucess. That is, a Necron would see it as a declinging probility of victory when hit with those powers. So even something like a phsycic scream would be though of lowing the chances for sucess in a battle, thus represented by the lowering of the leadership.
    Last edited by thedrifter777; July 15th, 2005 at 04:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dirksj
    #2 They are fearless. So while they technically have a lower Ld it doesn't matter. They aren't scared.
    Sorry, I meant the *necrons* at a leadership 7 for being around souless *enemy* pariahs, when they are fine standing next to their own pariahs. That doesn't make sense...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even if they are "Fearless" the calliduses assassin uses a neural shredder
    its a stregth 7 ap 1 template weapon that uses the enemies ldship instead of toughness

"nor the fluff says they have no souls or mind or any of that"
    yeah but the culexeus assassin is aparently a pariahs/human hybrid whos souless
    http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...ah/default.htm
    Last edited by jancz; July 20th, 2005 at 05:25.

+ Reply to Thread