godzilla army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: godzilla army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

godzilla army

just a few questions before i finish my godzilla army, what would be better and what would fit in with the army theme, a tyrant or a broodlord and retinue ?
    Also why do people take rippers in their armys just for the looks or do they fit in with the other units, carnifex?

thanks godfather

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummm... i think a tyrant fits the theme more, and im not sure what u mean by the rippers, i dont think anyone takes any units in an army just for looks, thats a rather stupid question(no offense), but if you meant ehy are good at killing things then yea, they are pretty decent if used properly, just dont expect them to kill much, they serve as more of a distraction then anything else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by GODFATHER40k
    just a few questions before i finish my godzilla army, what would be better and what would fit in with the army theme, a tyrant or a broodlord and retinue ?
    Also why do people take rippers in their armys just for the looks or do they fit in with the other units, carnifex?

thanks godfather
    Well, what would fit in a Goodzilla army more than six carnifexes and two hive tyrants.
    But I have to say, even though their stats scares most people, it will be a hard army to play as it has a few numbers which a worth alot of points.

As for the rippers, they take them so they fill the two mandatory troops.
    "As I walk through the valley of LO I fear no spammer, because I got the power to ban"

Of Trui and Gay

A Chaos Space Marines Diary

Svenska Rackham Sidan

troopseses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont forget the red terror to make it 9 TMC.
    I love fielding 10,000 points per-player. DECOS all the way baby.
    Nurgle Demonic Legion: 19W-3L-5T.
    Tyranid All Shooty List: 10W-5L-6T

Is it too much when you can field 20k in fantasy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

mmm, 37 wounds of MC godliness...

Has anyone has tried this army? And if they've had, how'd it work out? I for one am skeptical of the effectiveness of this.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried 7MC and it failed horribly against smurfs. you move really slow. i tried haveing stealers with scuttle run up there but there were too many shots and i got a whoopin good.
    I love fielding 10,000 points per-player. DECOS all the way baby.
    Nurgle Demonic Legion: 19W-3L-5T.
    Tyranid All Shooty List: 10W-5L-6T

Is it too much when you can field 20k in fantasy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Scuttlers get to be too costy, the extended carapace makes them much more resilient. I've settled for 5 TMCs and lots of warriors, they no instant kill makes them really tough to take doen and soaked alot of fire and get some back with death spitter and devourers.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No troops? Any way im not a big fan of carnifexes unless they are gun beasts. They should allow 2 Tyrants to have the wings biomorph. As for rippers, I don't see why people like them 'cause they are way to slow without wings and then they are just to expensive for my tastes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol this topic was discussed in depth a-g-e-s ago, as soon as people realised u could take Carnifex's as elite choices and it was decided, its a novelty army.

Carnifex should NEVER be taken for CC. They wont get there till atleast round 3 that is if they make it at all.

The other alternative then is to have 7 massive, mobile firing platforms and i dont think there is an army out there a Carnifex could out shoot bar maybe orks.

Ur flying Tyrant is going to get everything pounded into him first round while ur 'fexs crawl forward, Ur Walking tyrant is next to go and then the fexs just get picked off.

Orks and new players are prob the only armies ur going to have a chance against. Orks cos they are going to be rushing alot of big ass things and newbies cos they are going to get scared and not choose their targets properly (intheory)

And Devil, without wings they are still crack shots with the venom cannon and with the help of guards they can actually strole across the field and survive to get into combat and once one of them gets into ur lines... let the feast begin.
    Last edited by w00kie; July 16th, 2005 at 01:24.
    "They are coming! I feel them scratching inside my mind, scratching, screaming, running, so many - so, so many voices. They're coming for us - flesh, body and soul!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try a hive tyrant with bonesword/lashwhip
    I1 carni really benefit from catalyst (so you might as well invest in leaping rippers, cause they also have a crappy In)

The rippers should do a good job of tying enemy firepower so that your carni can enter combat safely without lascanon/melta/plasma killing him.

oh, and a unit of grey knights would probably break your entire army

+ Reply to Thread