RP Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RP Tau

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

RP Tau

Hail fellow Tau Commanders! This is Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon reporting.

It was recently brought to my attention that a Tau roleplaying event may be of some interest to a few members here.

If this is true, I would gladly arrange something to that effect.

My initial idea is to have you all start of as Shas'la in training, with some interesting event happening while you are "on the line" before your first Trial of Fire. This should make for rather generic characters at the start (Don't get me wrong, I will require a set amount of info) allowing for a fast paced "jump-in" while then the characters develop as they go, hopefully resulting in a very diverse group at the end.

Note: This is very close to something else I'm working on, so don't be surprised if you see something like it in the future, I ownzor it. :cool:

I await my warriors, will you heed the call?

O'Dev'n

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

something that you may want to look into is Inquisitor. I admit that the rules are mostly there for tabletop, but it might add a bit of a 'game system' and stats behind the RP if its to take place in a chatroom or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but tau is cooler

could you expand the idea a little??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Okay, I posted this first to see if there would be enough players interested in such a game, not to work really hard on a game system, storyline, and events only to have no one show up. Right now I have the initial "situation." If a Tau online RPG sounds interesting to anyone, I would like to know that I will have players before really commiting to it. If I get 3-6 people who would be willign to play, but then need more info, then I'll do some more detailed stuff.

Sorry if that seemed aggressive.

O'Dev'n

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha ha ha no that was not aggressive.

well i am interested. is tjere going to be a home page for it or a thread here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in. after all, I was one that suggested it earlier ^^
    Donuts anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Alright, cool, one or two more players and I'll work on a game system and give you guys some more "RP" info so you can start creating a core concept for your char.

Oh, it will be in the RP section of the site, as it should be, I only posted this here cause I wanted actual Tau players.

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm deffinatly in.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Alright, I have my minimum of three players. I expect you all to be there no matter what. Now that doesn't mean I'm going to place a time and demand your presence. It means that we all agree on a time, and then you better be there.

With only three players, you will be reacting with very "real" NPC's. These may or may not be of your own design, we will see. Initially you will be working in a full FW team-in-training with several of these members being "anonymous" to make room for new players.

In keeping with the 40K style, I believe I will have the system continue to work around the D6. Stats will most likely be the same as the actual 40K game. I will include skills however, which will also work off the D6 in the same manner as stats.

You will start off with stats worse than a Shas'la. Experience will eb rewarded as I see fit and I will make free style system for the purchase of points towards stat and skill bonuses.

You will all be promoted to Shas'la as your first step. From there, you may develop your stats and skills as you see fit. We will discuss your characters progression as soon as I get some more feedback/work out a character system.

My general outlook on your promotions will be one of two:

1. You all stay together as a cohesive unit, most likely working your way uo to a specialized unit such as Stealths, Broadsides, Crisis, or Pathfinders. You may become a Hammerhead crew if you wish.

2. You each branch out, taking your favorite NPC's with you to fulfill critical roles in the army. Thus you each will lead your own squad and work in tandem with your other players squads to acheive objectives.

Progression will follow the normal Codex. Outside of the reguler 40K game, I may make some adjustments. All such changes will be discussed with you, but my word is final. Player suggestions are more than encouraged, just be careful what you wish for. :shifty:

This doesn't have to be about stats or Dice Rolls. I can easily make this an "all-rp" thread where you type what you want to do and so long as I/other players (With my word as final) are okay with it, it happens. I have also played in games where there were "cinema" scenes where such a system was invoked where dramatics are more neccesary than a single improtant role. This will all be discussed before the actual start of the campaign.

I prefer freedom in game systems. This extends most specifically to player characters and the way they may progress. This gives me a lot of restrictions to avoid imbalances, which means you need to respect my decisions, otherwise things get crazy and I have to start ordering you around like an NPC, and you don't want that now do you?

Alright, enough for now, I need opinions on what I've said here from all three of you before I can begin.

I await your reports,

O'Dev'n
    Last edited by Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon; July 17th, 2005 at 00:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would definately consider it, but i guess my main question is: how comitted do you need your players to be?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast