Destroyers V Heavy Destroyers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I normally play 2000 points and I run a typical Necron army without a Ctan.

I have normally played with 2 squads of 3 Destoyers... I just recently tried the 5 Destoyers and 1 heavy Destroyer. I only use 1 cuz I only have one.

I have found that 5 Destoyers are a pretty hefty force against Strong Infantry and Light Vehicles... where as the Heavy Destoyer puts down the heavy tanks or Heavy characters.

What is your preference?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I field 3 destroyers and 2 heavys. Like you say, the destroyers dish out alot of shots, while I like the second heavy for my own 'twin linked' effect. If I'm shooting at a vehicle, I want to make sure it goes down the first time. I also field a screen of 10 scarabs around this formation as a non-necron shield (shifting them to the front as they die).

Kind of like this:

s
    s s s s s
    s d d d s
    s h h s

it's my own, highly mobile, resiliant, tank equvilent unit. Sure it costs 400 pts, but look at all that firepower! Shove a lord on dest body with res orb in there & you even get 'wbb' rolls vs. str. 10.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

i dont play necrons myself but i have a mate who has a super heavy destroyer

it has both guns on it and can shoot both :lol:

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another point...

For those people who get one heavy destroyer to join their destroyer squads, that doesn&#39;t work... they are 2 seperate squads. You need a minimum of 3 destroyers in a squad. You can have as few as 1 heavy destroyer in a squad. These squads can not be joined to form one squad of 4. (these are not marines on bikes)

For those who get only one heavy destroyer... you need a unit of the same type within 6" to use WBB. Doesn&#39;t matter if you&#39;re surrounded by warriors and destroyers and a lord with destroyer body and resurection orb, unless there is another heavy destroyer within 6", you&#39;re just not coming back.

That&#39;s the way I see in, anyway.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bro got a HD. In all its games it killed like one thing... :huh:
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bout the same as my H. destroyers........ not enough shots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another point...
    For those people who get one heavy destroyer to join their destroyer squads, that doesn&#39;t work... they are 2 seperate squads. You need a minimum of 3 destroyers in a squad. You can have as few as 1 heavy destroyer in a squad. These squads can not be joined to form one squad of 4. (these are not marines on bikes)
    For those who get only one heavy destroyer... you need a unit of the same type within 6" to use WBB. Doesn&#39;t matter if you&#39;re surrounded by warriors and destroyers and a lord with destroyer body and resurection orb, unless there is another heavy destroyer within 6", you&#39;re just not coming back.
    That&#39;s the way I see in, anyway.
    Cheers.
    Good point. You need at least two in any army. Even a Tomb Spider won&#39;t do you any good in that case. I&#39;m thinking about getting two HD and three D. One of my friend&#39;s plays Eldar, while the other plays IG. So Tank and Infantry Destruction is a must in my army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take 3heavy destroyers and 3 destroyers
    The heavy destroyers to take out tanks
    The destroyers to take out infantrie

Closed Thread