Gaunts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaunts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaunts

I am not posting this to find out which gaunts are "better" statistically or trying to create a vs. topic. What I want to know is simply what is everyones preferred gaunt type and why. I would like to weigh the pros and cons to each.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I use shooty gaunts, I prefer the 10pt Devourergaunts. Park them in cover and you get a lot of 18" range shots. They die rather fast, because they don't have nearly as many wounds as cheaper gun-gaunts, but they dish out more firepower than the equivalent points worth of others.

As for Hormagaunts, standard hormagaunts are pretty good, but +Ws and +I 'gaunts I find work better. Sometimes Toxin Sacs thrown in too, if I absolutely know I'm playing somebody with way too much T5 in their army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrsjxn
    When I use shooty gaunts, I prefer the 10pt Devourergaunts.
    is good for a few early shots but once your opponent figures out how dangerous they are gaunts die quickly.

hormies are good as is no upgrades.
    I love fielding 10,000 points per-player. DECOS all the way baby.
    Nurgle Demonic Legion: 19W-3L-5T.
    Tyranid All Shooty List: 10W-5L-6T

Is it too much when you can field 20k in fantasy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go with Fleshgaunts, straight up 6pt models. I find this gives the best balance between decent shots (S4!) and a decent number of wounds. Ok, so their range is lacking slightly, but my 'nids are all about close up firepower.

I save my Devourers for my Tyrants and 'fexes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spinegaunts kill more per point than any other gaunt not only by using their guns, but also in cc. Quantity over quality (for these guys anyways :p ). Spinegaunts even rack up more kills on the charge per point than hormagaunts. Although not as fast as hormies spinegaunts are half the cost! IMO spinegaunts are the best gaunts. They truely outline the meaning of cannon fodder.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like my Termaguants because there cheap at 6pts per model and they have decent firepower although sucky range. But i think the benifits of termaguants make up for the lack of range. Common' guys do i hear living amunition.

But its also nice when you can tie up some powerfull squads with some faster guants like hormaguants i mean move, fleet, leaping. if your lucky you may get to someone in your first turn and if not your seconed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x3)

I like termagaunts, the one point more over spinegaunt gives you an increased strength weapon AND you get to reroll wound checks.

I luv stock horamgaunt with their scythes and leaping. Occationally I consider giving them the improve init so they strikew faster than SMurfs which I have alot of players around here.
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    http://www.gamesandhobbies.com/ New Location Open on the north end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my award for the best gaunt goes to generic spinegaunts - as they swamp the enemy, and even occasionally throw a wound in. you cant really expect any more from the little 5point scuttlies, can you?
    plus at their points you can use them to tie up all the undesirable aspects of the enemies army!

i consider it a bonus whenever they kill something (really, i have terrible luck). so i generally try to use them for the latter really
    Apathy is its own reward...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Termagants all the way. Living Ammo is worth the extra point!

That's assuming that I take gaunts. Which I don't, hate them and never take them.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did the maths on termies vs spines against SMurfs and here are the results

60points =

12 spines = 9 hits, 3 wounds = 1 dead marine

10 termies = 5 hits, 3.75 wounds = 1.25 dead marines

but each wound tells more on the termies, so its an odd set

generally id say each has its pros and cons (spines have more wounds, terms cause more damage) so it would come down to preference between them.
    Apathy is its own reward...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast