Building a Carnifex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Building a Carnifex

So I've built one as standard, and I've noticed that you can put the carapace and body onto the tail segment backwards (so the head part of the body attaches to the legs and the head goes into the body where the legs should be).

This (with some careful trimming) gives a much more upright model. It's more spindly, but very VERY tall.

Has anyone else tried this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Yes, It's been done.

Funny and sad story about this really. One of the guys at my club did this and it looked awsome. however, since then NO-ONE has built their fex the standard way, preferring the standing up bio-construct of doom. It's gotten to the point that I'm sick of seeing that pose.

But yes, if you have 1 in an army, then it looks very impressive. I for one, am going to model mine leaping forwards (yes i realise that carnifexes don't leap)
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dymew
    Yes, It's been done.

Funny and sad story about this really. One of the guys at my club did this and it looked awsome. however, since then NO-ONE has built their fex the standard way, preferring the standing up bio-construct of doom. It's gotten to the point that I'm sick of seeing that pose.

But yes, if you have 1 in an army, then it looks very impressive. I for one, am going to model mine leaping forwards (yes i realise that carnifexes don't leap)
    Ok. Just checking. I'd not heard of anyone else doing it.

I still prefer the crouching 'fex of normal-dom, but I quite like this as a variant pose. (The normal crouching 'fex just looks so ... powerful, whereas this is comparatively spindly, if tall)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i made my first 'fex thew regular way - though i repositioned the legs (cut away at the tabs that join into the waist) so it was more upright.
    when i bought my second fex, i gave it to my brother to make and he decided to try it with the body the other way round - though he is incredibly slow at making the fex (so far the legs are done.. huzzah.. hes had it for a week)

i want both of my "big" fex's to look normal, hes just making my screamer-killer, so i dont mind if THAT looks spindly
    Apathy is its own reward...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did mine exactly as it was intended to be ^^ could you please post pictures of youre carnifexxes??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the off i want to say im highly critical of my work, and dislike the idea of posting it on the internet for the whole world to see and point out all of its flaws... but since you asked here is my carnifex (the first one) the second one... is still a pair of legs glued to a base...

(i had to reposition the lower claw in order for it to "gel" with the rest of the model, and luckily most of my rather sucky greenstuff work on the carapace is hidden! yay!)

http://www.librarium-online.com/gall.../0/3/Carni.jpg

http://www.librarium-online.com/gall...3/Carni002.jpg

under my user CP i cant get directly to my gallery postings. if someone could enlighten me as to how to do this i would be very appreciative

to stay on topic however, i had a play around with the bits of the second fex that are built (the torso sits in a corner), and you are right it IS very spindly... odd for a 'fex really.
    Last edited by Malignant_one; July 20th, 2005 at 20:14.
    Apathy is its own reward...

+ Reply to Thread