scuttlers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: scuttlers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scuttlers

I want to give my genestealers the scuttler biomorph but i dont know how to model it. Anyone Have any tips

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

I'd suggest a different paint job, such as a camoflauge pattern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

You could make them look like they are crawling belly down on the ground. I had wanted to do this with some gaunts but didn't have any extras to model.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make any stealers your not giving the biomorph to bigger. (this way scuttlers is a lot easier to modle)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw someone at my GW yesterday that had made an extra set of legs for scuttlers. it was pretty cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add some bushes to the base and voila!

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

If you have a ton of the old school stealers, use those for your normal ones and the new ones for Scuttlers. If not, try and get a few old sculpts from eBay and just say the different sculpts as the scuttling stealers.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Anabis_Xero
    I want to give my genestealers the scuttler biomorph but i dont know how to model it. Anyone Have any tips
    If you think about it Scuttle is more of a skill than an actual biomorph (more akin to scouts), so do you really need to model the Stealers differently, All my Stealers apart from the Broodlords retinue have scuttle but the retinue infiltrates, so I have just painted all the Stealers in a slightly darker paint scheme to suggest a bit more stealth and camoflauge.
    They still fit the overall theme of the list but look more menacing without any need for conversion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru
    If you think about it Scuttle is more of a skill than an actual biomorph (more akin to scouts), so do you really need to model the Stealers differently, All my Stealers apart from the Broodlords retinue have scuttle but the retinue infiltrates, so I have just painted all the Stealers in a slightly darker paint scheme to suggest a bit more stealth and camoflauge.
    They still fit the overall theme of the list but look more menacing without any need for conversion.
    However (,): http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...your_foe/2.htm

In other...words...you must model Scuttlers. Not worth the hassle or the points, actually, imo. I'd rather just field more guys for less.

You could always take a blowdryer to 'em and bend them over into a stalking position in their heated state.

leet steet

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by 1337 Steet
    However (,): http://us.games-workshop.com/games/4...your_foe/2.htm

In other...words...you must model Scuttlers. Not worth the hassle or the points, actually, imo. I'd rather just field more guys for less.

You could always take a blowdryer to 'em and bend them over into a stalking position in their heated state.

leet steet
    Yeah I saw that after I had posted, but the fact I am painting them slightly differently should be enough IMO,

The fact that there is no biomorph part on the sprue to represent Scuttle suggests to me that it leaves it to the players discretion as to how to represent it, and as long as the paint job is different enough to leave no confusion well that should be good enough.

I mean Space marines have traits such but you dont have to model each one, Chaos have skills and Imp Guard have doctrines and again you dont have to model every one of those.

+ Reply to Thread