Tomb spider question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb spider question

if a TS spits out 2 scarabswarms can i still target the tombspider? i played at my local GW and the guy claimed said that i could not shot at the TS...

i think that i could beacus of it being a MC and they are small targets... or am i wrong?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I'm 100% certain you have the ability to shoot the Spyder due to his MC status, but I belive he can then allocate any wounds taken to the scarabs. I could be wrong though as making scarabs with Tomb Spyders is just plain foolhardy so I have no field experiance with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

If I remember correctly, as I don't have my rulebook in front of me, once the Tomb Spyder has created two Scarab Swarms, the Majority Toughness rules dictate that the Scarab Swarms receive hits first, before the Tomb Spyder.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you would be able to shoot at the Tomb Spyder (remember it's a unit if there is any Scarabs created). Since it would be a unit it would be subject to the majority armour and toughness rules in the Warhammer rulebook. (ie the scarabs would be hit first before the tomb spyder is)

And all you need for the majority toughness and armour to take effect is just ONE scarab.
    "The more i grow older the more distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"-H.L. Mencken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm so you cant target him??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Tomb Spyder and the Scarabs are one unit, and so they follow the rules for majority toughness and mixed armour saves, as has been said.

Remember that when you target the Tomb Spyder you also target the Scarabs at the same time since they're in the same unit and vice versa.

Sheesh, seems like I'm repeating myself a tad.

I'd suggest you give the rules for majority toughness and mixed armour saves a thorough reading.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

As the rules are written now, no, you can't "single out" the Spyder. Yes, it is an MC and the scarabs are size class 1, but they are still considered a unit and the Spyder isn't an IC. Majority T does happen, but that just means that the Spyder is the same T as the Scarabs (for wounding, not for Insta Kill). Majority armor dictates that the Scarabs take the wound first, so a single shot would hit the Scarabs, 2 shots would go to the Scarabs and Spyder each, 3 shots means 2 to the Scarabs, 1 to the Spyder, etc. etc.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only place where it's a disadvantage is if there is a hail of fire. You roll vs the scarab T for all the hits as it's majority. Then the Spyder pays for it's guard.
    DirkSJ
    "I have plenty of talent and vision; I just don't give a f..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehehe i asked this question 3-4 weeks ago. look for it under tomb spyder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Hmm. Just curious, but (this may sound like an inane question) can I attatch ANY MC IC to a larger squad of smaller creatures, and have majority toughness protect the MC IC?
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast