Are DE being killed off??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are DE being killed off???

Hi every DE player that reads this..... I heard that DE were being killed off and they werent going to make any more models of them soon so if any1 knows if this is true please reply i read it on the UK website that they would be killed off or if not that be updated last because they are GW most unpopular army. Hopefully they will not be killed off or anything and are updated soon because i just started collecting really but that i have 1850 points but that is not the point.

Plese Reply

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Don't worry, they were not killed off. There were lots of rumours about that since many GW stores have taken DE off the shelves as they needed the space for newer products such as daemonhunters and witch hunters, but DE are and will be available on the mail order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

We all know that GW care more about money than fans, so no one can deny that DE are discontinued at some point, simply because it doesent attract enough players. Seriously, if you look at it from GWs point of wiev, you have an army that is too difficult to play for 90% of the gamers, and those who actually play the army rarely buy thits models because they are too crude. I personally buy a large amount of fantasy minis in stead of wyches ect. Why keep making minis that no one buys? I havent been around GW long enough to know how early if at all they announce that they are going discoutinue an army, but I would certainy like to know. How long time in advance did they warn the squat players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Sareld
    We all know that GW care more about money than fans, so no one can deny that DE are discontinued at some point, simply because it doesent attract enough players.

Well GW is after all a buisness. And buisnesses are in the buisness of making money. If DE were discontinued, i would be sorry to see them go, but im sure that it was a well informed buisness decision.
    Creator and Head Patriot of USA Clan
    Head of Rap in the LO Music Clan
    "What can I say, I'm a repoholic. Just can't get enough of that repohol."
    I want everyone to remeber why they need us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They arnt leaving any time soon. They are in the 4th rule book and it has been confirmed that tehy will get new models and a new codex. When is unknown.

Sorry SM players we are here to stay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DE are really good

I don't know why people won't buy them.

It's a really good race, and our local 'ringer' is a DE player.

Open topped skimmer transports with high initiative close combat units is extremely vicious, especially when combined with BS4 Dark Lance/Plasma support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always though DE was a very intresting and playable army, and I havn't heard anything about them being taken off the shelf. I kept hearing things abouthow when eldar is re-done they are gonna put um all in one book sorta like what they did way back when, most likely they'll be redone with the rest of the eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poeple dont buy DE because the figs are ugly and they are way to complicated for beginners, wich is the opposite of SM. Anyway, they shouldnt try to keep DE alive artificialy so I hope they will give them a quick, clean death. DE should have never existed anyway.... BUT THEY ARENT planning to kill them off. Knowing GW, the will eliminate most of the weird rules, give them better models (a guy on a weird surfboard is part of an army, right.......) and will do wathever they can to make them newbie attractive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Dark Eldar are just another one of the fantasy holdovers from way back that I personally wouldn't mind seeing fade away. I don't think theyshould get the chopping block immediately, but I do think they should just not keep updating them and then by next edition not even have them anymore.

We are sort of stuck with the major fantasy races in space like Orks, Eldar, Necrons and even Chaos because so many people play them. But that's why; because so many people play them. DE is allready a dead race compared to anything else GW sells.

Luckily, they began to realize that WFB in space wasn't really all that believable so the dropped squats, renamed the Space Elves and came out with new races such as Tyranids and Tau and Kroot. I really wouldn't mind seeing Dark Space Elves slowly disappear too in favor of another completely new race.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

screw that, i just started!

but seriously, since they are in the rulebook they'll probably be around for a while longer, at at least till next edition. there's not much GW can do about them right now. but if they release a new ruleset sometime years from now like you said then they can just conveniently leave out the DE. or maybe they could figure out why no one buys them and make them T4 eldar in power armour... neither is really that good, but you can look forward to still being able to play them for a good couple of years at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast