Destroyer Lord Or Normal Lord? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I can't decide whether to get a Destroyer Lord or a normal Lord. Oh, and I have one more question, I am I right when I assume that the Destroyer Lord can move 12" in the Movement phase and 6" in any direction in the assault phase, therefore allowing him to move 18" a turn. IS this true or am i just crazy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it depends on what u want to use him for

he can be a cc machine by giving him a des. body and warscyhe and phase shifter and orb, riding around wiht some wriaths.

or he can be the shooty lord, VoD with some immortals and have a staff of light.

he can move 12 inches a turn in movement but not 6 in assult, only if he is in range to assult an enemy model/squad.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always take a destroyer lord for the tougness and his movement.
    Also a reseruction orb and phase shifter.
    Than I set my whole army around the lord and cc-troopers like wraites in front.
    This is my stratigie and 3/4 it works I have won 4 tournaments with this strategie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For starting perpesses which is better to get?? I could get...
    1 D lord
    20 warriors
    5 scarrabs
    And 3 D&#39;s

Or I could go for...
    1 Lord
    24 warriors
    6 scarrabs
    4 Immortals/ Phariahs... (Which is better out of theys two?)

Or....

1 D lord
    24 warriors
    6 scarrabs
    2 wraths...

Any thoughts??? Thanks... (I&#39;m going against chaos, Orks, And SM&#39;s.... And I&#39;m trying to make the Necron army as much as possible as a Star wars like army)
    {I know this is kinda off the topic.. but it&#39;s reffering to the lord... So I was wondering which was better... Because the lord changes so I can get different things}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve Decided to go with a D Lord with a Warscythe, Ressurection Orb, Phylactery (whatever its called), and Gaze of Flame. I will also be inclyding a squad of Wraiths for him to travel with. How does this sound? Good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i should use a destroyer body it faster and has one toughnis more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yES JACKASS you are "just"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackass please, SHUT THE HELL UP&#33;&#33;&#33; I DON&#39;T WANNA SEE ANYMORE OF YOUR DAMN SPAM POSTS AT ALL IN THIS TOPIC&#33;&#33; Damn.......Anyway, I will go with the D body.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going with the Destroyer Body is a great choice... i mean T6... yikes... you said the gaze of fire and the Phylactery...

I know other people like that combo for a CC oriented Lord, but against opponents that have power weapons or other No Save oriented weapons, your lord will go down easily... that is the purpose of the Phylactery, but the Phylactery only works 1/3 times. Anything 4 and under is the standard results... with the 3/6 of a chance of not doing anything at all.

If you could get an Invulnerable save with the Phase Shifter. Me and my buddy did a challenge with a Tooled up Khorne Deamon prince with 8 attacks and s5 t6 against a Destroyer lord with Gay Fire and Phylactery... the lord lost every time out of 3... Dropped those two and added the Phase Shifter... Lord won 2 out of 3. and that last one was because the daemon prince rolled great. and I missed most of my saves. with the lost WBB.

The Gaze of fire yes takes away that 1 attack and drops the leadership. Break that down and the 1 attack is only on the charge. going up against fearless troops, which is most CC heavy units, the leadership doesn&#39;t matter.

It is your call but these are my thoughts on the Wargear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx for that advice victoruno. I&#39;ll consider exchanging the phylactery and Gaze of Flame (not gay flame) for a phase shifter. Thanx for the help&#33;&#33;&#33;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast