Syanpse Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Syanpse Question

I understand the basicness of the synapse rule but what models really need to stay near tyrants, warriors, etc? I am assuming it is mainly for your gaunts with such a low leadership. But what about lictors, raveners, carinfex, etc. I know they dont have special rules allowing them to leave the synapse range. But with a very high ldr (not sure if I can name numbers so I am not), they will almost always pass. So a unit out of synapse range, they pass a ldr test, can they act tnormally that turn; move, shoot, assault, etc? Thanks again for the time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngelX
    I understand the basicness of the synapse rule but what models really need to stay near tyrants, warriors, etc? I am assuming it is mainly for your gaunts with such a low leadership. But what about lictors, raveners, carinfex, etc. I know they dont have special rules allowing them to leave the synapse range. But with a very high ldr (not sure if I can name numbers so I am not), they will almost always pass. So a unit out of synapse range, they pass a ldr test, can they act tnormally that turn; move, shoot, assault, etc? Thanks again for the time.
    In, a word Yes, if they pass they're fine. Read Instinctive Behavior in the new codex. It explains it pretty well.

And there's no rule saying that you can't leave syapse. It's just unwise to do so with gautns and such.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The creatures that typically operate outside synapse have a slightly different leadership value to test on for instinctive behavior. They should be OK.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope they clarify some things in the codew cuz its just plain unclear!

Fluffwise, lictor,etc shouldnt have to stick aroud sybapse.
    Rulewise, nothing says it work that way....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Generally you don't have to worry too much about high LD broods failing IB rolls. You can still fleet and shoot if you fail an IB roll. Gaunts DO need synapse support. Walking Warriors and Tyrants are good for a couple of turns before they get out of synapse. The problem is the assult range on Hormaguants quickly takes them out of range. One option is winged warriors/tyrant or an infiltrated Broodlord. You can leave the brood strung out to keep the back of the pack in syanpse. Or throw in a few Raveners or a Lictor to win combat. Even if you fail your their LD roll for a lost combat the Raveners and Lictor will probably keep the unit locked in combat so with a bit of luck you can reach synapse, rally & charge again.

+ Reply to Thread