A L I E N S vs Tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A L I E N S vs Tyranids

Yeah me and my brother were fighting over this.. He said somehting bout tyranids rapidly evolving..then I got with the old ALIENS are perfect organisms. Who do you think will in faight between these two races and why...

P.S. Dont forget the facehuggers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Tyranids, we can shoot. Besides, they're the same darn thing, (where do you think the V3 Tyrant got his crest from?)
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Nids. I'd like to see what the Aliens could do to a Hierophant....
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Nids would win. Aliens have no space travel of their own, they are hitchhikers. So while an Alien infestation could turn every useable animal into a planet sized army, Nids could just eat 3-4 planets and bring 3-4 times the force to them.
    Last edited by Gojiratoho; July 28th, 2005 at 19:34. Reason: pace travel?
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nids, for reasons mentioned earlier. And we're not Aliens. Some (alright, a LOT) of the inspiration may have come from them, but we don't hitchhike, we don't facehug, we have guns, we don't have crests (anymore) and we don't have acid blood or nasty tongue things (most of the time).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aliens are more unidimensional than tyranids. Nids have a zillion kind of species and aliens may have 3...

Nisd wouls win easily. Now if it was genestealers vs Alien, the match would be more fair. Come to think about it, genstealers means of reproduction are similar to aliens .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, but what if a facehugger (a rather large one) attatched itself to a hierodule or hierophant... wouldnt that be fun!
    if you look at the first film there was that "traveller" fellow - the GIANT alien carcass. so they have to have some way to kill big things. though whether it is a facehugger or something else...

although... i would say the 'nids had a distinct advantage with guns, i would however say the aliens have the advantage in melee - they have that really acidic blood that just spurts EVERYWHERE when they get cut. so even if you kill them they have that weapon at their disposal. (and if you have seen alien vs predator the aliens are pretty competent fighters - lictor like stealth (though probably not as good), genestealer style combat prowess, massive stature, acid blood if all else fails and a second mouth (so cool))

numbers play a fair role too - the nids have more. they would pretty much win by default.
    Apathy is its own reward...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Dount it they could harm the big Nids, as the large alien from the first movie had a head which was similair in size to a human heads, Hierodules and Hierophant have a head that is way to big, also Nids lack the systeem which would be needed to hatch the embryo and trying to get through the chest of a Tyranid is a lot more difficult than a human.
    As for the acid, it depends wether or not the skin of Nids isn't of a similair kind as to that of the aliens and as soon as the Nids have their first specimin they will have a defence against it.
    All in All Nids would just completey wipe the floor with the Aliens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if you facehug the nids? The you have some aacid-blood shooty monstrous breed of super
    A L I E N S. ha! who would win now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn, you think if a fachugger hugged a nid it would create alienids? like the best of both worlds, a hive mind, facehuggers(so they can reproduce sexually before consuming the biomass of the dead creature) possibly the ability to mate(dont know much bout aliens, im pretty sure they cant do this, but maybe they can) the ability to evolve via facehugger(im thinking about the ultimate alien here) the ability to be broken down and use biomass nid style, so nothing goes to waste, the adaptability of nids, oh th eepossibilities are ENDLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be the ultimate force in teh galaxy i tell you, THE ULTIMATE FORCE!!! nothing coud hope to stand in there way....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast