Effective Orc army other than speed freak? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Effective Orc army other than speed freak?

hey folks,

Im trying to put together an army list for an Ork army. My problem is..ive got no experience with the game. Now.. im all for trial & error and learning as you go.. but i dont have a lot of money to work with ..so i wanna make sure that all my purchases at this point..are essential. So..im trying to make a solid list for what i want.

Here is the thing.. I wanna avoid the Speed Freak army. If possible..i want to avoid vehicles all-together. Not for financial reasons..but because i like the thought of a huge wave of green bodies slowly but surely engulfing my enemies .

So.. I was thinking of maybe fielding up to 3 big groups of Grots to lead my army.. with some very strong, elite groups bringing up the rear.. and a hefty HQ group. Also..ive been considering some kind of artillary.. but ive not seen anyone use it in their orc army..and im wondering if its worth it, and if i did take it, how would i use it strategically?

Also..will any army of this sort work effectivly? huge amounts of cannon fodder... or will i get destroyed by tanks and artillary?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also thought about making an army with allota grotz and a strong HQ. Its not a bad idea. But it is pretty costy (grotz come in blisters)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well im in no hurry. Actually the longer it takes me to be able to afford another few units..the more detailed each individual unit will probably be. Since ill spend alot of time painting them while i wait to be able to afford another . I think that im gonna go ahead and try to build an army like this my first time around.. hopefully it will work out.. but ill just have to use trial and error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

avoid... spead... freaks... Can those words be even be used together?!? No thats cool, for some reason I havnt seen a ork foot army in a long time. Just have too many orks for people to shoot at. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you do this army of yours consider sticking two units of boyz in truks to give you that fast edge when you need it. Slow assalt armies in this game dont work too well. Besides a truk is only like 35 pts right?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

"Even the bravest cannot fight past their strenght." -Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking with my friend about orks, you should try to do a bunch of indirect fire weapons, that would be cool, odd but cool.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

"Even the bravest cannot fight past their strenght." -Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think a big mass of gretchins are good.
    Why? -They cost a lot of money
    -They habe los ws and only have T2 so instant kills will come almost always!
    -and they take (for me) quite an ammount of time to paint.

an all ork army should have masses of normal orks + atleast some trukkz cause they will be able to flank an enemy quite fast when upgraded (giving you oponent a mighty hard time lol)

and about the arti...take zapps! they hit auto- independent characs
    and don't put em behind your army! beside is good enough cause your opponent won't give it much attention cause of its low bs and well a mass of orks is a bigger prob!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doesnt anyone play with Ferral orks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shutup warboss freak i find gretchins really hard to take down if there are loads of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grots are only good for shielding your boyz. They do get shot up quick though.

Closed Thread