Ork Sniperz my cruel invention - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ork Sniperz my cruel invention

dealing with a dilemna i decided to make my own elites a unit of ork sniperz they have the killing ability of a guardsman with out all of the fashion sense (cargo pants and 70s head bands) choke on dis 'umies.........

Grubslag Magork And Da Green Hide Sniperz
    Points WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
    45 4 4 4 4 2 3 3 7 4+

An ork army of at least 1000 points may be joined Grubslag and his green hide snipers
    and they count as an elite choice. he must be used as described below and may not be given any additional equipment,

Wargear: Custom Sniper Rifle,'Eavy Armour, Frag and Krak stikkbombz, Foxhole Grot digga,
    shovel, cammo

SPECIAL RULES

Da Green Hide Sniperz: Grubslag leads an elite group of boyz that have been popping heads all over the galaxy And count as elites. The sniperz are provided from the list below.

Custom Sniper Rifle:Grubslag Forced a mekboy (at gunpoint no less) to build him a sniper rifle(str 6 ap 3 assault1)the rifle is equipped with a scope(driving the range to 36") also has a custom red dot maker (laser sight) making anything with a dot on its 'Ead Dead as it is called in Ork Kultur

Hide An' Blast 'Em:Grubslag has been hiding in holes(deep strike rules apply) on over a dozen worlds his fear of hand to hand combat has made him a joke amongst most ork clans but due to his ability to dig a hole or hide and fire has made him a force to be reckoned with,thus his boys fall back after turn three D6 inches but can re advance at the end of turn 4 but only D6 inches on a fight or flight roll according to the chart below

1. 'Oly CRAP! run! run for cover 2 d6 towards the nearest cover and change pants may not move next turn.
    2. HUH?!?!?! Stand there un aware of the battle going on around them and fire at nearest enemy unit
    3. roll as normal movement
    4. roll as normal movement
    5. roll as normal movement
    6. WAAAGH!! It's On!!! Grubslag goes off screaming and rushes into the nearest enemy
    unit (2 d6) rapid firing and tossing stick bombz

Grot Digga: Grubslag is followed around by a grot he refers to as "giblet" who follows Grubslag around digging foxholes the foxhole chart below is how to determine if a foxhole is dig in time or not.

1. MOVE!! I’ll do it ma'self Grubslag digs the hole and is unable to fire this turn "giblet" suffers a kick to the groin rendering him useless as well.
    2-6 digs hole out of fear of having his groin kicked

Place Foxhole template on field.

Green Hide Sniperz
    Boyz
    11 4 3 4 4 1 2 3 7 5+
    Nobz
    +9 4 3 4 4 2 3 3 7 5+

Mob: the mob consists of Five and ten boyz.

Weapons: Ork Sniper rifles

Options: all models in the unit maybe equipped with frag stikkbombz at +1 point a model or krak stikkbombz at +2 points per model.

Character: one of the Boyz be upgraded to a nob at a cost of +9 points per model the nob may be equipped with any equipment of the Ork armory.

Sniper Rifle

Range Strength Ap notes
    24" 4 3 assault 1

what do you Boyz think if you wanna see the model i have for him and giblets im me i also have the design for the foxhole template

"I iz more cunning than a Grot an' more killy dan a dread".

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few problems that I see. One the character should be the Nob in the unit and there should not be another. Two, the AP is too good on the basic rifle that you propose. Three, snipers must aim therefore they should be Heavy not Assault weapons. Four, the fallback/advance rules are unclear and unnecessary. Five, if they are afraid of CC, then they should not have the option of any kind of stikkbomz. Six, what does a foxholle do for him?

A few proposed fixes:

Make Grubslag Ld 10, you'll see why later.

Make the rifles work exactly as the BGB Sniper rifles. To make his better you could keep AP 3 for him I guess.

Give him a +1 save modifier when in cover to represent that he is an excellent hider.

For deployment, he and his unit are held in reserve regardless of the mission. When available they are placed anywhere on the table in cover at least 18" from an enemy unit. This would represent the fact that he has moved into position prior to the battle and is coming out of hiding when the time is right. He and his unit may shoot on the turn they are placed on the table.

The unit may "move through cover" as detailed in the BGB.

Weedy: Though the warboss may approve of his results, Orks in general think that he and his mob are weedy cowards. Because of this he and his unit may not "mob up" with other mobs. They also do not benefit from the "power of the WAAAGH!" He and his mob do not benefit from mob size checks either.

If they are engaged in close combat, they will attempt to break away after each round. If the combat is in the open, roll a d6 + I for each side as if they had failed a leadership test. If their opponent scores higher, they are not destroyed but are still stuck in combat. If the combat is in cover, Grubslab and his boyz use 2d6 instead of d6+I to represent the fact that they are masters of slinking in the woods. If they successfully break away, Grubslab will move 2d6 away from the enemy, through or into cover if at all possible. His enemy may consolidate 3".

Determined: If they flee for any reason, they may regroup even below half strength as long as the leader is alive, they are in cover and their are no enemy units within 6". If their leader is killed the unit panics and scatters and counts as destroyed.

Just a few ideas for simplicity, fluff and balance.

As an aside, this should probably be in the Rules Development forum.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

In addition to agreeing with what helotaxi said, I am dead set against orks having an increase in their BS. Call me old fashioned, but no.
    HOWEVER, if Grubslag came with BS3 and could force his ladz to reroll one missed shot per turn... I'm, for some reason, imagining the ork having to make a save against a strength 2 hit before it can shoot again, to represent the boss sending Giblet over to kick the offending ork firmly between the legs. But that's just me.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

A nice idea, but as citybeatnik said, I don't think Orks should have an increase in BS.
    Also, can you really imagine an Ork firing a Sniper Rifle? Think about it? An Ork sitting, hiding in the bushes, watching his brothers bundling a squad of helpless guardsmen? Earning the dinner, ripping apart Imperial Flesh. An Ork wouldn't, would it? An Ork doesn't have the patience, and perhaps not the sense to hide and wait without detection.

However, I respect the idea. It's a nice one, but one that just isn't meant for Orks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about for un-Orky Orks, like Blood Axes or Freebootaz? Hmm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats what tankbustas do. They show self control having to wait for ambush. Orks aren't completely overcome by their lust for war, only when moving into combat do they feel the rush of war. I think its completely understandable that orks with a lot of experience with guns could have a BS3, but for few and rare orks.
    Last edited by Bruiser117; August 1st, 2005 at 21:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With normal (not Ork Lootas) sniper rifle rules, they would hit on a 2+ like normal. I would probably make them WS3 BS3 not that the BS matters at all with a Sniper rifle but their focus on learning to shoot has cost them some skill in HTH.

I think that the rules I proposed would explain their un-orky tendanciee and would cause it to be reflected in their function on the table. Maybe add into his fluff that his mother was a Grot or something.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but to be fair if his mother was a grot he would wound himself on a 2+ as he would be completely retarded and staring into the barrell.secondly the reason i left the weapon as an assault and not a heavy is that its a high velocity shoota as with an actual sniper rifle.
    I semi-agree that orks should not have a better bs but i took the bs from nazdreg in the first place theyve had it grubslag was created in the same lines as zagstruk and snikrot having superior ability in one place and failing in other kind of like an idiot savante of combat.The reason this character and unit were created was too pop guardsmen at range while my kommandos blitzkreig and as that last final push of my stormboys lock up combat stand back for the knock out punch.and another who all here laughs one someone mows down half your grot line and you still have over 30 of em rushin in?
    "I iz more cunning than a Grot an' more killy dan a dread".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Orks with sniper rifles always hit on a 4+, or so it says in the codex. I guess it could be an exception for the leader.. and it should be a heavy weapon, it is already better than a Tau Rail Rifle and that is just wrong. Maybe lend the special rule from the eldar, that on a 6 when rolling to hit the shot gets ap1, and still let him have str 6. or, make it a normal sniper rifle since that one is totally out of balance.

And for those infiltrate rules, that is what normal infiltrators do, so they should be set up at the beginning of the game. Or alternatively be used as the old tyranid Lictor, just not to deploy less than 12"/18" to an enemy, and must be in cover. Then they can pop forth whenever they like.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill be suprised if anyone lets you use that. Nothing wrong with lootas. use em as troops if you have the right clan.

+ Reply to Thread