My Two Carnifex's (My Two Babies) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Two Carnifex's (My Two Babies)

Hi guys!

This is kinda more of a Roster post but not a complete one - just my two baby Carnifex's. I wanted to know whether or not they'd do their job well. Here goes -

CARNIFEX #1 - MUNCHER/TROOP SHREDDER/STOMPY what have you...
    roughly 232pts/215pts

Acid Maw - 6pts - I know many people don't like it, but I want to make sure everything is dead before I move on. Many people prefer to have the Carnifex locked in CC, away from Heavy Weapons, but I want him to kill all!!!! (as little powerfists as possible )

Adrenal Glands (WS + I) - 10pts - WS + Toxic Miasma - great combo. I lets me attack before Powerweapons.

Scythe Tail - 10pts - If there are any surviving pests, out they go with the tail. Also reinforces the Crushing Claws incase they get the terrible 1.

Tusks - 10pts - Also to reinforce Crushing Claws, so that the lowest amount of attacks (when charging) is 3!!! Maximum - 8 Str. 9!!!

Reinforced Chitin - 15pts - If he's a close combat beasty, he'll need this for one more powerfist to the chest.

Bonded Exoskeleton - 20pts - The best biomorph here. I'll face IG soon. About 100 guardsmen at Str. 3. Those Str. 3 human fists aren't touching my fex, let alone their 200 Rapid Fire lasgun shots.....hehehe

Toxic Miasma - 8pts - I like the idea of heroes at perhaps WS 4 dropping to a standard 3.

Thornback - 15pts - Brilliant. A platoon of 10 men VS a beast counting as 20. Hmmm. What happens when That 20 - model beast faces off against a Commisar? I think they're normal Ld wise, so they'll go crazy when they face the Carnifex of their nightmares!

Enhanced Senses 8pts - Good for the BS hitting on a 4+
    WEAPONS

Crushing Claws/Scything Talons - Great for killing numerous pests. VERY Expensive / An extra attack - VERY cheap

Barbed Strangler - Kills 10 guardsmen at once!

It's mostly close combat, but whilst getting into close combat, the beast fires away!

CARNIFEX #2 - TANK HUNTER/TANK BUSTER/METAL MASHER what have you....
    average
    250pts/270pts

Bonded Exoskeleton - 20pts - keeps the baby alive for much, much longer.

Extended Carapace - 25pts - I don't want AP 3 missiles killing him so soon! Gets a better save against Heavy Bolters too!

Regenerate - 30pts - yep, he's gonna keep getting up! Not even 5 lascannons will down this babe!

Reinforced Chitin - 15pts - Another lascannon to the head won't hurt....

Enhanced Senses - 8pts - The Venom Cannon better hit on a 4+ - Two shots!

Spine Banks - 5pts - For the hell of it, this will let me have 2 extra shots at Str. 6 at some tanks - his lowsy BS doesn't really matter.

WEAPONS

Venom Cannon - Great Tank buster. Not good against everything (only glances), but good basilisk hunter and best anti - tank weapon for the fex

Scything Talons / Twin - lInked VC - An extra attack at close combat and cheap - a definate 2 hits on tanks, VERY EXPENSIVE!

I hope you like them.....someone....anyone..... And yes, I have read the Carnifex Conversions. I was going to have one with two Devourers but personally I don't like a big muscly bug with 4 wincy, pathetic little guns. 18" isn't enough for me.

I know they could have been much, MUCH cheaper, but I couldn't resist the close combat troop trashing Carnifex and the tough, macho, invincible, rocky tank busting Carnifex. A much cheaper version of the troop killer would just be enhanced senses, twin linked BS and spinebanks -ooooo cheap! :o :mellow:

"If a ninja does anything anywhere it won't make a sound, but if it does it's probably gonna be the last sound you hear."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

These Carnifexes look farmiliar.....Oh wait! Its what everybody who plays Nids in the entire world take! how silly of me.

They certainly are killing machines, which is what any carnifex owner takes, but I prefer to be a bit more original with my Fex's, by usually taking only 2 of the following; Extended Carapace, Regenerate, Reinforced Chitin and Bonded Exosceleton. I do find it evens things out a bit, but hey! it really depends if you're a power gamer or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing units to "be original" doesn't make you a better gamer, giving you some right to condescend down to other players. From what you, Robizzle, said of your 'fexs you enhance them much like I do, so I question how original they are. It's like the goths in South Park who are so non-conformists that they don't conform to what the other goths are not conforming to...

On more important manners, I think those 'fexes are too expensive. I should think against guard, though I haven't played any with my 'nids, that you would want to swarm them as well as possible. They aren't terribly fast and as long as you get into CC you should be okay. I like that you increased their survivability, but there are problems with the anti-infantry fex. As much as a P. Fist might worry your fex, if you finish off the entire unit on your turn then on his turn you will have a lot of firepower coming your fexes way. Even a power fist is only likely to take out 1 wound a turn, but IG firepower, from my other games, is not what you want to face. If you really want him to be a CC monster, then take off the BS for another CC weapon. I know expensive 'fexes do seem cool and impressive, but a "horde" of better gaunts seems good to and won't do quite as well as the real horde of lesser gaunts.

Rules questions:
    I don't have my codex around, but I didn't think 'fexes could take 3 weapons. I thought it was 2 weapons, no more, no less.

Does the 'fex really need the improved Init.? I thought P.Fists went last. Much like models who "go first" kind of go at I 10, but they go beyond that and always go first. I'm not 100% sure, but I thought that was how it worked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regen is not worth it (unless you have loaded dice). most people can put a few wounds on a fex in one turn if not kill it. the odds of you rolling 6's is little. next round of shooting he dies. it can make him last maybe one more round but more often than not he will die. use the 30pts as a unit of rippers to annoy your opponent that you brought them.

thornback is great idea but i preffer spine banks for 10pts less. you get a spinefist gun and frag grenades. that is way better.
    I love fielding 10,000 points per-player. DECOS all the way baby.
    Nurgle Demonic Legion: 19W-3L-5T.
    Tyranid All Shooty List: 10W-5L-6T

Is it too much when you can field 20k in fantasy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its just my opion, but scything talons and bio plasma i think are better then crushing claws but thats just my thoughts

and power fists i think are In1 not "strikes last" so giveing that boost i think is a good thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

IIRC, ther is no "goes last/first" anymore. You either get bumped to initiative 1 or 10. But, yes, they are NASTY.
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

+ Reply to Thread