warboss with burna? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

warboss with burna?

im thinking of starting orks :p soon after my death guard get up and running and i was loking at some posts made a long time ago and i relised that people where talking about giveing there warbosses a burna i didnt think that was possible but if you can i want in!! could some please me how this is done. as it would be a killer warbosses and fun to make as well.
    thanks for any replys i get.

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Im helping him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way I know how to do it is with the Feral Ork list. The Power Claw becomes Warboss only, but anyone can use a burna.
    Emperor have mercy on those who stand against me, for I shall not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in a regular codex list, only meks can have a burna. notice the little "meks only" next to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraithlord
    im thinking of starting orks :p soon after my death guard get up and running and i was loking at some posts made a long time ago and i relised that people where talking about giveing there warbosses a burna i didnt think that was possible but if you can i want in!! could some please me how this is done. as it would be a killer warbosses and fun to make as well.
    thanks for any replys i get.

Warboss in megaarmour with combi Scorcha (heavy flamer) / shoota (bolter basicly 6 ap instead of 5) that would give him a one use heavy flamer, a power claw (power fist) and a 2+ save for around 100 points
    I have no faith in humanity what so ever....

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Sometimes speaking the truth is heresy. In which case, you must burn. ;)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Only Feral Ork warbosses are allowed to use the burna, and have to pay an additional 5 points to use the powerklaw.
    However.
    If you play by the Klan Rulez that you can find on the UK GW page, you'll find the Snakebite rules, which allows you to stick your boss on a supercyboar. The nifty thing is, since mounting your boss on a super cyboar causes him to use the Feral Warboss rules, you can then proceed to give him a burna, along with any of your Hunta, Madboyz, or Boarboyz. His retinue also are mounted on boars and pick from the feral ork armoury.
    The downside? No Bionic Bonce or Cybork Body. The upside? You get a friggen strength 5 power weapon.
    "Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Flamers please

Nah i don't nesseserly use burnas accept in slugga boy squads. (Note: Burnas count as power weapons in CC) :eek:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WarBoss_Jork_Sworks
    Nah i don't nesseserly use burnas accept in slugga boy squads. (Note: Burnas count as power weapons in CC) :eek:
    hmmmm :glare: the question was lost there wasnt it?
    but anycase, the burna is a powerful weapon in CC if you choose not to cook it off on a opponent. however, if the warboss is carrying said burna (with what rules apply that allows him to do so) then do you really see the point in carrying it if your not going to use it instead in CC??
    a warboss's 'Uge choppa is more than effective.
    wWWwwAaaaAAgggGGGhHHHhhh!!!! = DeAth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ugluk-bludeth
    hmmmm :glare: the question was lost there wasnt it?
    but anycase, the burna is a powerful weapon in CC if you choose not to cook it off on a opponent. however, if the warboss is carrying said burna (with what rules apply that allows him to do so) then do you really see the point in carrying it if your not going to use it instead in CC??
    a warboss's 'Uge choppa is more than effective.
    Um... so a 'uge choppa is more effective than a burna in cc? Heh. Well. No. The burna is cheaper, ignores armour, and strikes at initiative. The uge choppa is more expensive, strikes last, and can't even break through armour. The fact that you use an uge choppa at all scares me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually there the same points cost but I take your point. However... have you ever thought about it being like a cheaper powerclaw for a nob?? Strenght 6 attacks against most troops is the same as strenght 8. Given it won't instant kill and won't do the same magic with the vechiles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No its really not. Its two-handed, which sucks, and it doesn't ignore saves. If I am going to be wasting the initiative of a nob/boss, I want some power in return.

+ Reply to Thread