1500 Pointer - Troop Heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I am making a troop heavy Necron force to combat my friend's Tau. The point is to have a lot of numbers because Tau don't have a lot of repeat fire weapons which will do much damage. Anyways, this is the stuff I have, so any extra units you suggest I have to buy. I'm just throwing this out there, also the Tau player is a relative noob so he won't really be tactics-wise.
    here it is:
    HQ
    1 Destroyer Lord (130)
    Warscythe (10)
    Veil of Darkness (60)
    Total : 200

1 Lord (100)
    Resurrection Orb (40)
    Phase Shifter (30)
    Phylactery (15)
    Total : 185

HQ Total : 385

Elites
    10 Flayed Ones (180)

Elites Total : 180

Troops
    12 Warriors (216)
    12 Warriors (216)
    12 Warriors (216)

Troops Total : 648

Fast Attack
    4 Scarab Swarms (4

Fast Attack Total : 108

Heavy Support
    1 Monolith (235)

Heavy Support Total : 235

Models in Army : 52
    Necrons : 48
    Phase Out at : 12

Total Points : 1496
    The destroyer lord deepstrikes with the flayed ones. The Lord starts tackling suits, while the flayed ones either help him or slice up the fire warriors squads. The warriors advance with a scarab screen, which are ENTIRELY disposable, so that the warriors can get into range and unleash a crapload of Gauss fire. The regular lord stays back, and as you can see is build to not go down, but if he does, get right back up. He helps the warriors get up from the Tau firepower that will inevitably thin their numbers. The monolith I'm not sure what to do with yet. I want it to stay back and help the warriors, but i also want it to deepstrike and flux arc every Tau unit around it and then Particle whip the suits, followed by the deepstriking of a warrior squad.
    Thats my list and my plan for now... Please tell me what's wrong with it and how to fix it! thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good to me. You might wanna figure out exactly what to do with your Monolith. I would deep strike into play myself, right in front of the Tau Deployment zone. Bye Bye Firewarriors! You've just been gaussed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is not bad at all

Closed Thread