Whats The Differece? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats the difference between Eldar and Dark Eldar? are they on chaos' side or summat?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eldar are a race. The Dark Eldar are the ones who never gave up their depraved ways after the Fall, and the regular Eldar are those that were not killed and no longer/never practiced the depravity of the rest of the Eldar.

The Fall was the birth of Slaanesh. Almost all the Eldar were wiped out during the fall, some escaped (The Eldar), most were killed, and some remained (The Dark Eldar).

I think that's about right.
    The Good News is here!

Check it out:
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&passage=Ezekiel+18%3A28-32&version=NIV' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 18:28-32</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Ezekiel+33%3A11' target='_blank'>Ezekiel 33:11</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Mark+1%3A15' target='_blank'>Mark 1:15</a>
    <a href='http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=NIV&passage=Romans+10%3A9-10' target='_blank'>Romans 10:9-10</a>

PM me for more info&#33;

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

after the fall some eldar left and built the craft worlds to avoid slannesh they use soul stones
    the dark eldar left but went in to the web way and built commorah they avoid slannesh by being really evil and consuming each others souls

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did slaanesh want with the eldar in the first place?
    I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damh then what ive heard was totaly wrong&#33; i&#39;ve heard that Dark eldars where created by eldars in the war against slannish (or what ever his name is) but Dark eldar have better ws and bs then eldar, totaly differant way of playing&#33; Theres no craftworld dark eldar&#33; They are just dark eldar, Evil as nobody can understand&#33;&#33;&#33; he he just gotta love em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool thanks dudes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by attwoodc@Nov 3 2003, 09:40
    What did slaanesh want with the eldar in the first place?
    Slanesh was created by the fall of the old Eldar empire. The Eldars decadent ways led to the creation of Slanesh who then consumed the majority of the eldar races souls in one fell swoop.

So in a way Slanesh is an Eldar god. The other chaos gods are far far older and probably pre-date the Eldar race.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the necron fluff seems to indicate that the old ones created the eldar and then during the war against the C&#39;tan the chaos gods were born (Khorne Nurgle and Tscheech). which is why the C&#39;tan went into hibernation. they thought that all life in the universe was doomed becuase to the chaos gods were going to kill every one. if they slept the chaos gods would kill every one and then starve to death themselves. then life would slowly start to rebuild itself again in the galaxy and they could take that new generation over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eldar race began a long decent into decadence out of boredom. Several Eldar groups became dissatisfied with the direction of their race, so they departed in Craftworlds. These are the Eldar we know today. As the hedomism of the remaining Eldar grew, the Chaos god Slannish was spawned. When Slannish awoke, it consumed the souls of millions upon millions of Eldar. Few on the Eldar worlds escaped. One group escaped into the webway and created Commoragh. They have continued the decadent ways of their race and are now known as Dark Eldar.

One more point, Slannish today continues to leach the souls from the Eldar/Dark Eldar. The Eldar solution is to place their souls into spirit stones upon their deaths. The Dark Eldar solution is to kill others and consume their souls. Also, I believe that the soul leaching effect is somewhat reduced while in the webway. Lord Cru&#39;X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cru&#39;x,
    the craftworlds were giant merchant ships that would sail across the galaxy, they didnt die because they were far away from the eldar worlds, when they felt the shockwaves of the fall they hunkered down, bulked up, and got ready for war...

(see eldar codex)

Closed Thread