fleet of foot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fleet of foot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fleet of foot

if I move my wave serpent 12", disembark the squad, then fleet of foot the squad into base to base contact with the enemy instead of shooting, does that initiate an assault?

how does this strategy work, or does it work at all?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If not assulting you cant move closer than 1" to an enemy model, so no, you have to actually assult. This is obviously in relation to the issue of being able to get out of a transport and assult in the same turn, but this is not a loop-hole that can be used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah ok, thanks for clearing that up for me

I guess the best way to assault is to fly up and unload a unit just over 12" away from the enemy so you can move up and fleet of foot into an assault charge the next turn, am I right? or is there a better strategy for engaging in hand to hand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Fly up as far as you need to get behind enough cover for the serpent and WAIT! this prevents your banshees or whatnot from getting shot up. Next turn, disembark and go on your merry way.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

You CAN assault with your banshees out of a wave serpent, providing that the serpent does not move in the movement phase. What I usually do is to equip my WS with star engines, and then star-boost my way towards the enemy in turn one. in turn two, I dont move the serpent in the movement phase, drops the banshees, who spends the rest of my turn FoFing and assaulting. In the shooting phase, my serpent then fires up the star engines again, most likely propelling it beyond 6" away, making it harder to kill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

You CAN assault with your banshees out of a wave serpent, providing that the serpent does not move in the movement phase.
    Correction, the wave serpent cannot have moved prior to the banshees getting out.. It can still move during the movement phase and the banshees can still move + charge as long as they get out before it moves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome thanks for the how-to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being behind a wave serpent doesn't provide cover. It is a skimmer as because of that it hovers above the heighth of the Banshees.
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth the Dark
    Being behind a wave serpent doesn't provide cover. It is a skimmer as because of that it hovers above the heighth of the Banshees.
    He didn't mean use the serpent as cover, he meant land the serpent in cover, so the banshees are in cover, when they come out
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when the troops come out, dont they just move off to go engage the enemy? thus why deploy in cover as it'd make for a difficult terrain test.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast