What is the Nightspinners weapon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the Nightspinners weapon

Well what is it?????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In a magical little place called 'Hanford', where little elves fly about the hazy air
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x0)

Some sort of eldar anti-air weapon... I dunno...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Faolmor
    Well what is it?????
    Buy the IA book for full details.

Think of it as a shadow weaver with a longer range. And there's 2 of them. Thats basically it
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its an indirect fire, small blast, pinning death spinner with longer range

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the stats from Imperial Armour vol II:

<stats removed>

It's essentially a Falcon with no ability to carry troops and some big death spinners on the top. Looks cool, but lack of an AP value makes it good against lightly armoured troops only. Could be good against IG or other Eldar, even Tau? I'm half way through converting one using a Falcon kit and two Shadow weavers from heavy support platforms. You can also buy a kit from Forge World who sell the Imperial Armour books (thy're a subsiduary of GW). I'm just building one 'cause it looks cool.
    Last edited by Nebulas; August 20th, 2005 at 10:20.
    Nothing is so exhilarating in life as to be shot at with no result. - Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arkofshadows
    Here's the stats from Imperial Armour vol II:

<stats removed>

It's essentially a Falcon with no ability to carry troops and some big death spinners on the top. Looks cool, but lack of an AP value makes it good against lightly armoured troops only. Could be good against IG or other Eldar, even Tau? I'm half way through converting one using a Falcon kit and two Shadow weavers from heavy support platforms. You can also buy a kit from Forge World who sell the Imperial Armour books (thy're a subsiduary of GW). I'm just building one 'cause it looks cool.
    Thanks I want to add a forge world to my army. I really want to get an aircraft that can carry aspect warriors and have considerable fire power. And hopefully it costs 250 points
    Last edited by Nebulas; August 20th, 2005 at 10:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try the Wave Serpent from GW - carries 10 troops and pretty tough too! It has better weaponary than a Falcon (still don't understand why the troop transport is more heavily armed than the tank!).
    Nothing is so exhilarating in life as to be shot at with no result. - Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Try the Wave Serpent from GW - carries 10 troops and pretty tough too! It has better weaponary than a Falcon (still don't understand why the troop transport is more heavily armed than the tank!).
    how do you figure. one twin linked weapon and upgrade to shuricannon vs the falcons choice of a single weapon, upgrade shurricannon, and a pulselaser. Pulse laser is wonderful, and teamed up with a starcannon and a shuricannon, it's a possible 9 shots of which 6 are near auto death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wazza
    i abit kewl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How doyou figure?? The WS has one twinlinked weapon on top and a twin linked catapult underneath.

While the Falcon has a Pulse Laser that fires a d3 shots, has the option to also add a secondary weapon such as a Starcannon, Scatter Laser, Missile Launcher, etc... Plus it also has twinlinked catapults than can be upgraded to a cannon. The Falcon can fire all it's weapon systems, plus it has Holofield and spirit stones.

The WS can only take spirit stones.

So all in all. The WS can fire 2 twin linked weapons. The Falcon can fire a high strength d3 Pulser Laser shots, Starcannon(That's what I place on mine) and the twinlinked catapult or cannon.

The Falcon cleary wins due to more weapons being mounted and the capacity to fire more shots.

My current WS is equipped with twinlinked Bright Lances and a Shuricannon and I have spirit stones. I like the idea of a transport that still has some decent weaponry. Str 8 shots and str 6 shots.

+ Reply to Thread