Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I'm a Tyranid player, but am going to start up an Ork army. I got the codex, and the FAQ update. I havn't bought anything else yet because I am a bit confused. I find the codex a little difficult to completly understand. So I have a few questions.
1: There seem to be alot of different boyz types, and the seem to mostly have the same stats. Are they the same models with just different weapons?
2: I see that Nobs are considered HQ choices, but it looks like they are ment to be put in squads and leaders. This seems strange to me, is it an HQ for each nob or do they go into their own squads?
3: are the orks in the Speed freaks box set normal orks that just come with a wartruk?
4: Just any general info I would need to start my army would help. Like any tactica or websites/links that give ideas on what to concentrate on and what NOT to buy would be helpful. Thanks
1) You can buy models for the different squads, but I prefer to convert mine. For Big Shootas I add an extra barrel length on the end of a standard shoota. For Burna Boyz and Tankbustas, Space Marine weapons are used. The explanation for this being that without being properly maintained, the Space Marine weapons are as effective as the normal Ork ones.
2) No the Nobz are not extra HQ choices, they aren't HQ choices at all. When with the Warboss they are just his retinue, they never take up HQ slots, the Warboss does.
4) Having played Tyranids, it might be an idea for you to try something different in the sense of army composition. I assume you have been playing a combat orientated Tyranid army. Therefore try a shooty Ork army. Trust me, they work, I play one :p
I would suggest a looted vehicle would be a must at some point, my preference being the Leman Russ Looted Battle Tank. I have 4 Heavys Support choices, but thanks to Nazdreg ug Urdgrub I use all of them in a 2000 point battle. Max out your big shootas, people say that Ork shooting is pathetic. I then show them an army bristling with big shootas (squads, vehicles and warbikes). That usually changes their opinion somewhat.
Hope that helps.
1) read the codex: shoota boyz = boyz with shootas, slugga boyz = boyz with sluggas...etc. weapon upgrades are available to most units.
2) read the codex: a retinue of Nobz can accompany the Warboss and they can lead squads of boyz.
wWWwwAaaaAAgggGGGhHHHhhh!!!! = DeAth