Destroyers Fast Attack? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't anyone else think it ironic that a unit labeled fast attack usually is neither?
    Most tactics with the destroyers involve sitting BEHIND the main lines, pumping out SUPPORT fire for the main ATTACK...... I think this unit would have been better placed in the heavy support category, and just had the H. Gauss Cannon as an upgrade, leaving the F. attack slot open for flayed ones, which seem better suited to the category, what with deep strike and "move through cover".

Anybody have a good counterpoint for me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good observation. I agree with the main tactic about destroyers being sitting behind... sitting behind the main line and pumping out shots on the enemy. Though when needed they can get to that line of fire with the 12" range. that does help. Now usually when they do this they get into H2H and then die... but ... they can move that 12".

Good Point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why I think I'll never actually get Destroyers at all, I mean they're good for Shooting from behind, but I'd prefer to take another squad of Wraiths for cheaper instead..... I just love them Wraiths......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, put them behind a screen of scarabs and they can range farther (ok, so I just started playing Necron & haven't used this tactic yet, but it sounds good. I'll let you know how it works).
    Also, since they only hit S6, it's convenient to be able to scoot around to a vehicle's side, or even rear armor. That's why I see them as valid 'fast attack'.
    Look at the Marine codex, their bikes are fast attacks, and these work alot like those. I kinda like the fact that you can't upgrade one to heavy gauss, that way you don't loose the use of your heavy when your lights get into h2h (& vice versa, as needed).
    I think that flayed ones work as elites. Just cause they deep strike doesn't make them fast. Fast to me means that it goes at least 9. I'm coming from a Tyranid background, so I might have higher standards for 'fast' movement.

$0.05... change please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true, your destroyers could range farther if your scarabs would block line of sight.

but in their profile it says small target, small targets do not block line of sight.

so scarabs are useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use the warriors... a squad of ten warriors works good to cover all angles in there base to base. but it is an expensive screen. 180 points to stand there as a shooting target. plus if you want to keep your destroyers in that screen than you destroyers can only move the 6 of the warriors... so again restrictions on the destroyers advantages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by a2ari@Nov 6 2003, 157

Also, since they only hit S6, it's convenient to be able to scoot around to a vehicle's side, or even rear armor.

$0.05... change please
    ok here's your $.03........ S6 guns aside, they're GAUSS.......... so it's really NOT worth it to leave the cover of the phalanx and the res orb to hit that side armor..... as no matter what you'll glance on a 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why I think I'll never actually get Destroyers at all, I mean they're good for Shooting from behind, but I'd prefer to take another squad of Wraiths for cheaper instead..... I just love them Wraiths......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok here's your $.03........ S6 guns aside, they're GAUSS.......... so it's really NOT worth it to leave the cover of the phalanx and the res orb to hit that side armor..... as no matter what you'll glance on a 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use the warriors... a squad of ten warriors works good to cover all angles in there base to base. but it is an expensive screen. 180 points to stand there as a shooting target. plus if you want to keep your destroyers in that screen than you destroyers can only move the 6 of the warriors... so again restrictions on the destroyers advantages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast