Librarium Online Forums banner

Adding a twist to my eldar army

777 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  AnimeGod 
#1 ·
My white dragon eldar army(Beil-tan). I wanted add a twist to my army. Then i realized i can use Kroot mersenaries. I want to know if this is a good idea?

#3 ·
I wouldn't see a problem with adding Kroot to your army but fluff wise, I would think that Iyanden would make the most use of them since A) they are in the Eastern Fringe and B) they have horrible numbers for troops.

#4 ·
Seth the Dark said:
I wouldn't see a problem with adding Kroot to your army but fluff wise, I would think that Iyanden would make the most use of them since A) they are in the Eastern Fringe and B) they have horrible numbers for troops.
and C) they need more bodies that aren't their valuable eldar

#6 ·
I have seen Kroot mercs used really well for Alaitoc, gives them assult options for a sniper force that still fits with the hunter feel, it would be fluffy for iyanden due to their low numbers to use mercs, but Beil tan? the sword wind is about its warlike people, if it need extra boddies they would use guardians.

However, noone is gonna complain so do it if you feel like it

#9 ·
farseer darekblade said:
Thx for your replies. But in these eldar/kroot armies what part did the kroot play in the eldar army because I havent found found a use for them.
I don't know if you can use your allied troops as your compulsory ones, but if you could, then don't take any guardians if you don't want to. Say that the eldar wish to minimize the eldar casualties and are therefore, not using civilians for combat.

#10 ·
In a normal Biel-Tan army i wouldn't say it was very fluffy, since Biel-Tan is not really known for it's open mind against other races. But since you play the White Dragon craftworld it should be no problem, at least if the craftworld is around the eastern fringe.

Game-wise it might be a good replacement of Guardians, infiltrating and longer range weapons. They'll add some numbers in CC too, if they get there alive.

#11 ·
ive been thinking of puttin my Kroot from my Tau army into my Ulthwé and/or Ulthwé Strike Force for a few battles just to get the points up untill i can get all my models... cant wait till i see how they go ^_^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.