Adding a twist to my eldar army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member farseer darekblade's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding a twist to my eldar army

My white dragon eldar army(Beil-tan). I wanted add a twist to my army. Then i realized i can use Kroot mersenaries. I want to know if this is a good idea?

Through running and swordsmenship, I will carry out the will of God

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know one guy who uses kroot in his eldar army, it adds a definate fluffy feel to the army that all can sense when they just look at the battlefield. there's nothing like seeing 2 different races fighting as one to add a feeling of character to an army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't see a problem with adding Kroot to your army but fluff wise, I would think that Iyanden would make the most use of them since A) they are in the Eastern Fringe and they have horrible numbers for troops.
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth the Dark
    I wouldn't see a problem with adding Kroot to your army but fluff wise, I would think that Iyanden would make the most use of them since A) they are in the Eastern Fringe and they have horrible numbers for troops.
    and C) they need more bodies that aren't their valuable eldar
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come to think of it, the eldar player I know that has kroot is Iyanden..hey that's spiffy..even fluffier :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I have seen Kroot mercs used really well for Alaitoc, gives them assult options for a sniper force that still fits with the hunter feel, it would be fluffy for iyanden due to their low numbers to use mercs, but Beil tan? the sword wind is about its warlike people, if it need extra boddies they would use guardians.

However, noone is gonna complain so do it if you feel like it

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Basically, if your talking about combat effectiveness, it depends on what you want to tank, as you can take pretty much anything from the Kroot Merc. list.

Fluffwise, Its your army, do what you want wether of not it fits fluff! It is YOUR army army after all!

Mike

Junior Member farseer darekblade's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for your replies. But in these eldar/kroot armies what part did the kroot play in the eldar army because I havent found found a use for them.
    Through running and swordsmenship, I will carry out the will of God

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by farseer darekblade
    Thx for your replies. But in these eldar/kroot armies what part did the kroot play in the eldar army because I havent found found a use for them.
    I don't know if you can use your allied troops as your compulsory ones, but if you could, then don't take any guardians if you don't want to. Say that the eldar wish to minimize the eldar casualties and are therefore, not using civilians for combat.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

In a normal Biel-Tan army i wouldn't say it was very fluffy, since Biel-Tan is not really known for it's open mind against other races. But since you play the White Dragon craftworld it should be no problem, at least if the craftworld is around the eastern fringe.

Game-wise it might be a good replacement of Guardians, infiltrating and longer range weapons. They'll add some numbers in CC too, if they get there alive.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast