Lord joined with Wraiths leads to a problem. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lord joined with Wraiths leads to a problem.

I had a problem happen to me in a game this evening that I've never come across, and we had a hard time figuring it out tonite.

Normally, when a squad dies, meaning all members of the squad, they don't get we'll be back rolls (I don't use any Spyders). But, I had a Necron Lord joined with my squad of 3 Wraiths. All three of my Wraiths dropped (stupid chaos terminators) and my Lord followed them to the grave. Here's where the problem came in.

I'm still relativly new to this, but I'm under the understanding that the Lord always gets his WBB roll (he had a Res Orb), but when he's a member of a squad, does this change? Or does the squad get taken away and he stays?

Basically, I took the Wraiths away tonite and left just the Lord on the table, although I thought the Wraiths should have stayed, because the Lord is still allowed his WBB. My opponent thought since the Lord was in the group, they all should have been removed from the table.

Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

I believe that the Res orb is ineffect UNTIL the lord is removed from the table. Since the lord is still there, then the wraiths stay. At least that's what I think is the case
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by dymew
    I believe that the Res orb is ineffect UNTIL the lord is removed from the table. Since the lord is still there, then the wraiths stay. At least that's what I think is the case
    lord stays because of res orb. Wraiths die unless there are more models within 6"
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWamp
    lord stays because of res orb. Wraiths die unless there are more models within 6"
    This is the correct way.

Phase....Out

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

The Lord has his own WBB rules. If he has no Res Orb and is wounded by a 2xT ranged weapon or wounded to death by weapons in CC that deny armor saves, he is removed from play. If he has the Res Orb, he stays on the table. It doesn't matter if he is a member of a squad or not.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
    The Lord has his own WBB rules. If he has no Res Orb and is wounded by a 2xT ranged weapon or wounded to death by weapons in CC that deny armor saves, he is removed from play. If he has the Res Orb, he stays on the table. It doesn't matter if he is a member of a squad or not.
    Right!

The Lord always get a WBB unless with the exceptions mentioned that prevent WBB. Of course if he has a Res Orb he can also override those exceptions as well.

The Wraiths die because there is not unit of the exact same type within 6 inches. So if all the Wraiths in one unit die they are removed from the table and get no WBB rolls. Even if you have a Lord with a Res Orb nearby.

The Res Orb does not allow WBB rolls if there are no other units of the same type within 6 inches.

However, if the Lord dies from instant kill and has a Res Orb, he still gets a WBB roll. If he is in a unit of Wraiths and there is one wraith left, then I say the other 2 wraiths still get WBB rolls if they died from instant kill shots as well. The reasoning? Simple. The Lord still gets a WBB roll from his Orb while he is down, so should the other models within 6 inches. This gives us the impression that the Res Orb is still in play.

Did I confuse you yet?
    Last edited by tanglethorn; August 18th, 2005 at 19:52.

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by tanglethorn
    This gives us the impression that the Res Orb is still in play.
    As far as I can tell, the Orb is in play until the Lord is removed from the game. As long as models and units were in range at the begining of the turn, they are eligible for WBB rolls from the Orb.

Quote Originally Posted by tanglethorn
    Did I confuse you yet?
    No, but GW has been doing a damn fine job since the mid-80's...jerks. :p
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's nice to see us on the same page

+ Reply to Thread