is it possible? elite tyranids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it possible? elite tyranids

well , i thought i wanted to do a tyranid army, i like the idea of the devour of worlds consumeing all in its path, not evil, not good, just a force of nature

but saddly, i realized, after the past few months of playing, i dont want hordes of minions running thru the grass to kill the target

i mean, i'm ok with my hordes of spine gaunts (haha.. i have a bit too many of those)

i just am wondering if having more elite units for the back bone of my army is a good idea, such as , moderately/severly upgraded warriors, or the like

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Practice moderation by not going overboard on the biomorphs, and Warriors can effectively some of your best units. But every army works best by balancing the strengths of each of their units - from the lowliest gaunt to the greatest Carnifex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Many people seem to make the mistake of loading warriors with biomorphs. IMO they are the least useful unit in the nid arsenal. They are a general purpose unit used to fill any gaps in synapse mostly. If you try to build them for a specific role you are more than likely better off choosing a different unit that performs the role better.

I have heard many people stress the benefits of warriors but as the main unit type in an army they are a very expensive and not very resilient unit.

I have read many testaments to using small powerful units as opposed to the standard swarm tactics. Genestealer armies with HT and Carnies seem to do very well as long as you can get the stealers into CC before they get blown away.

But it seems the Godzilla army is the favorite "Elite" nid army. Don't forget that any Carni less than 115 points can be counted as an Elite choice instead of Heavy. This pretty much restricts them to CC Carnie options but they can cause a world of hurt if they can get into CC. It's quite easy to have 7 MCs and some other supporting units. I was thinking of creating a Godzilla army with 1 HT, 1 BL, 3 Elite CC Carnies, 3 Heavy Ranged Carnies, and as many genestealers as I can get. The MC nid models are the coolest GW makes!
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking this morn, perhaps with my spinegaunts and termagaunts takeing up most of my troop choices,

i could include some genestealers, tyrants, warriors, etc..., but then it leaves my basic troop choice as really a weak but numerous amount, which is decent for absorbing shots, but less decent for actual fighting,

zoanthropes seem to be exceptionaly powerful for their point cost, even if they serve no purpose other then to get shot at, they are very cheap for a 2+ save, ack too many thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by MDQRoxy
    i was thinking this morn,
    well, there's your first mistake

perhaps with my spinegaunts and termagaunts takeing up most of my troop choices,

i could include some genestealers, tyrants, warriors, etc..., but then it leaves my basic troop choice as really a weak but numerous amount, which is decent for absorbing shots, but less decent for actual fighting,
    Generally, you want your troops to be cheap and numerous. They are your fodder, (specifically the guants)

zoanthropes seem to be exceptionaly powerful for their point cost, even if they serve no purpose other then to get shot at, they are very cheap for a 2+ save, ack too many thoughts
    I agree, zoats are much more useful, especially with their ability to be Synapse creatures.
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

+ Reply to Thread