Are Necrons Cheesy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all of my friends tell me necrons are cheesy but i think there kool wats ur opion

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this has been going on for awhile now....sigh..

I dont think necrons are cheesy, I just think people dont like a good challange now and then...I do agree with them on some stuff, esspecially about the C'tan, but look at the points, I would never use one....they hate the wbb roll, but it is balanced out by phase out...the guass weaponry is good also...and the major thing i agree with them is that the monolith is underpriced...it IS there only tank...but at least make it cost about 300....

also, I'm not a necron hater, ive got about 1600 points right now and getting probably another 1600 in the future..

-Sephiroth is best-

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no army is chessy. im not a necron player andi dont feel the necron army is cheesy. i ahve some beef tho. the ctan are just insane. they should have a point limit like only in 3000 point games. how often is a god gonna be walkin around with like a small necron force sent out to kill ppl on planet x.

the monolith is fine cept for 1 reason. WAY TO UNDER PRICED. it is thier onyl tank but it does WAY more then a land raider, like 3X as much beneits then a land raider, but for 20 points less.

they arent cheesy and easily beaten, but there are some stuff i dont like, as is with every army out there. i dont like the fact that basic tau guns are str 5 30" range, but it aint cheesy. i just dont liek it cuz its good. lol.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t think the Monolith isn&#39;t underpriced PER SE....... it just seems that way.

Think of it this way......

150 points for SM&#39;s is a 10 man squad with no frills.

180 points for necrons is a 10 man squad with no frills.

if you increase the points of a SM vehicle by 150 points, that costs the army 10 bolters.

if you increase the monolith 180 points you cost the necrons 10 gauss flayers, AND take 3 models off of their phase out. (because you round down fractions when determining the 25% pahse out number)

For MOST armies point cost is a simple way to balance a vehicle or upgrade.

For necrons it is not so simple, as the number of models in the list has several ramifications. More points for the monolith means less necrons, and less survivability as a whole, for the WHOLE army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but would you recomend starting necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suer they&#39;re relatively easy to use and writing up a list NEVER takes more than 10 minutes&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alrite thx alot every one i really aprecate that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, they&#39;re not.

Heh.

Timbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think they&#39;re a good army to start off with. i wouldnt say cheesy exactly but they are really intimidating. the only reason that i would probalby play them is to see the faces of my opponents when my guys wake back up from being killed.
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I totally disagree with Timbo: Necrons are the ultimate in cheese. I&#39;m talkin Monterey Jack with Jalepenos here. My wife kicks my butt with her cron army all the time, and let me tell you, it aint about any tactical skill or anything. Heck, a trained monkey could play that army....

btw, I&#39;m just kidding. I phase Crons out all the time. You just have to know how to kneecap them good.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast