can eldar be like I.G. Heavy shooting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can eldar be like I.G. Heavy shooting

can you make a list where they can just shoot the crap out of the enemy, not having to move extensively, or should i just play Tau?

LO Music Clan Member

thou shalt not put thy hand up, break thy wrist, put it to thy chest, and bite thy ear in front of the emperor

-codex astartes of the holy space marines

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by psycho sadistic maniac
    can you make a list where they can just shoot the crap out of the enemy, not having to move extensively, or should i just play Tau?
    Kind of?

The problem is, most shooty armies have at least a 24" range with their basic guns (more in Tau's case).

Eldar have 12" range with their basic guns. They can take heavy weapons in their squads with larger range, but it's only a single weapon.

There aren't too many long-ranged shooting units in the Eldar army ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar can easily out shoot any other 40k army, my eldar have out shot Tau, Necrons, and IG. They have a different style of shooting, they have many SUPER powered warmachines, while the guardians are there to tie up other units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

If you want an army that can shoot the ever loving crap out of your opponent, then just take maximum squads of Warp Spiders. They can shoot the crap out of anything.

Of course, if you were to do this, then you also have to paint your army yellow with black dots all over it and it instantly becomes a Kraft-World army instead of a Craftworld army.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler220
    Eldar can easily out shoot any other 40k army, my eldar have out shot Tau, Necrons, and IG. They have a different style of shooting, they have many SUPER powered warmachines, while the guardians are there to tie up other units.
    No, they can't. lol. Just because your army has outshot a couple shooty armies does not mean Eldar can "easily out shoot any other 40k army" ... sorry.

IMO, Imperial Guard are the shootiest and if they're made to be the shootiest (lots and lots of guns) then they will outgun anybody, period. Once you get CC with them, though, they're dead. ^_^

I will agree that their style is different, and you can have a really shooty army, just don't let that make you think you can outshoot anybody. Because you can't. You'll still need tactics and your guys will still die just as easily. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you went with saim-hann craftworld and did a vyper army you'd have alot of shootiness, or, with biel tan, a dark reaper army with some vypers too. the only drawback is that those lists are very fragile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

And Eldar army can be just as "shooty" as any other "shooty" army, they just shoot in a different style, be it jump pack troops (Spiders, Hawks), short range infantry usually in a Wave Serpent (Dire Avengers, Fire Dragons), Artillery (D-Cannons, Shadow Weavers) or big mean tanks. Eldar have to mvoe a lot to get their generally short range weapons into range, however Eldar are generally quite fast, so this is much less of a problem than it might seem. Eldar firepower is also versatile - there's a gun in our armoury for absolutely anything. ^_^
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

The Eldar can outshoot most opponents, the only army that shoots the crap out of my Ulthwé is Tau. But the trick is that we eldar can move and shoot with almost all our stuff, enabling us to outmanouvre and out-shoot assault armies in a way that IG can't. But Tau is still the king of the shooty hill.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In 1500 points vs 1500 poinots my alaitoc rangers can't out shoot anybody (3 Brightlances 3 Starcannons a farseer and 34 Sniper rifles) However once they're finished making everything pinned or in reserve it's more like 1500 points vs 500-100 points in which my army has no problem dealing out the shooty goodness with little comeback
    "Ah.. i'm almost done with these 3rd quater spreadsheets and still no sign of.."
    "What, is up, my dog?"
    "Ughhh I'm not your dog"
    "Waterman, you crack me up! that's why you're my D-O-G-E"
    "Your Doge? What are you talking about? I'm Strong Bad Waterman works in retial shipping resources"
    "Ah-ha Good one waterman, I mean good one MY DOG"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El-Kingo
    In 1500 points vs 1500 poinots my alaitoc rangers can't out shoot anybody (3 Brightlances 3 Starcannons a farseer and 34 Sniper rifles) However once they're finished making everything pinned or in reserve it's more like 1500 points vs 500-100 points in which my army has no problem dealing out the shooty goodness with little comeback
    Even against Armored Company?
    Death is instant, Pain will end, Glory is forever...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast