Shooting from a raider - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

Shooting from a raider

Question 1:When troops are firing from a raider where do you measure from to determine range?

I'm asking because if I take a blaster, or give a terrorfex to the sybarite, or have something else thats short ranged this could end up making a fair bit of difference.

While it makes sense to measure from the actual model, in the case of the raider not all of the models can be physically put on the model. So then where do the models that are not placed measure from?

I bought some plasticard that looks like the floor of the raider platform and I want to put it on the bases of a few of the models who will be riding in the raider during the game. I think it would be coolest and fairest for my opponents to have the blaster, splinter cannon, sybarite, and 1 regular guy in the raider during the game but if I then have to measure from the actual model for the blaster I'll leave him as "one of the other guys" who aren't physically on the model.

I think it would be much better if all shots were measured from one point or from the vehicle edge so that people who can physically put models in transports (raiders, ork trukks, etc.) aren't at a disadvantage over things like rhinos where actual models are not represented.

Is there an official rule for this?

Question 2: If a raider fires a horrorfex and someone inside fires a terrorfex at the same target do the Ld modifiers stack?

Last edited by Bugs_n_Orks; August 26th, 2005 at 03:56.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. If you fire from a open topped vehicle its from anywhere on the vehicle because it is open topped, i like your idea with your models to make the models hav their bases modified to travel in the raider.

2. I spose the LD would stack up because their is no rule against it.
    I hope that helped, oh wel im off coz i gotta go to the gaming club i play at.

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

I read somewhere that they're cumulative, but only if multiple grenades are fired by the same unit. It may only be like that for xenospasms though, I can't remember. But in the case of horrorfex and terrorfex, they wouldnt stack because they are different units, so you would resolve them separately.
    Last edited by Ebon Hand; August 26th, 2005 at 10:11.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is also no rule tha tsays that you have to represent what unit is in the raider at all. In fact, it may be to your detriment to do so.

Something else to consider, I can't think of a situation where I would leave a unit in a raider with LOS to the enemy. If the raider goes down with the squad in it (there's a 50% chance per glancing hit that it will be destroyed) half of the unit will be killed in the crash and the unit will be unable to do anything for a turn. Very rarely would I shoot with a DE unit when it can assault and never would I leave a unit embarked in its Raider in LOS of the enemy.
    Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread