New to the Elder, Advice Needed :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to the Elder, Advice Needed :)

G'day Fellow Elder users
    ive been thinking for awhile now about using a different Army besides the beloved Tau, but ive been a lil disapoinded with the lack of combat ^_^ ( even tho my Tau have been known to charge into assault an preform very well, esp up on a Hive Tryant ^_^ ) so ive decided to look at a new army to tink around with. I love the Farseer ( Yes DoW has made me fall in love with her ) but i also love the Elite choises. So ive got a few Questions that i would loved answered asap

1) I wanna do a Ulthwe army, but am i allowed to paint em in the Biel-Tan colours?
    2) Is a Avatar worth bringing or should i just leave him at home
    3) Whats a good balance of Farseer+Warlocks ( i was just thinking it keeping it 2/3 so not to burn a hole in my points )

there was more but i cant think atm so ill just add em here when i think of them...

sorry for any slang words, my english isn't the best as it could be

Last edited by AnimeGod; August 28th, 2005 at 11:38.

??/??/?? (God its been to long to remember stats)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Hehe, well its to bad that female seer has no model....

1) Well, it is stated in the craftworld Eldar-book that you can make up an craftworld and use the rules for biel-tan or any other craftworld, so I guess its okay.

2) It depends on your army. A fast one should leave him home and a foot army could get some good help from him.

3) I use 2/4, but 3/4 is good to. I use at least 4 warlocks, because they will survive longer with more warlocks. Besides, you cant use a seer council(Im guessing that what you ment with the whole farseer/warlock-question) in a Biel-Tan army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel
    3) I use 2/4, but 3/4 is good to. I use at least 4 warlocks, because they will survive longer with more warlocks. Besides, you cant use a seer council(Im guessing that what you ment with the whole farseer/warlock-question) in a Biel-Tan army
    i knew i put an error in there... i wanted the Ulthwe but with the Biel-Tan colours ( altho i dont mind the Ulthwe colours... but i wanna get away from the dark colours because my Tau are also Black with White ) but thanks for pointing that out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

I think it would be really confusing and weird playing Ulthwé with the Biel-tan colours. It's better if you make up your own colour scheme and use them as Ulthwé.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah u got a good point... but still i wanna have both ... owellz ive decided on using Ulthwé so its all good ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

1) No problem. I play Ultwhé too, but my colors are very close to those of Saim-Han.

2) Personally, I think not. He is big, slow and vulnerable, and the effort you need to put into him getting into cc is not worth it. The avatar sucks.

3) I use 2/3 or 3/3, and my council always performs well. The size of the council is largely determined on the role you want to put them in, and I usually go for MW-snipers/cc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

It's your army, paint it as you like .

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeGod
    2) Is a Avatar worth bringing or should i just leave him at home
    As long as you can give him support, the avatar is almost always worth taking. He's a bargain at 80pts - and if you place him in the seer council, that 5+ inv. becomes worthwhile with fortune (the extra I of enhance is useful, too).

He's a useful power weapon that hits everything on 3's .

3) Whats a good balance of Farseer+Warlocks ( i was just thinking it keeping it 2/3 so not to burn a hole in my points )
    I take 3 farseers and 3 warlocks in the seer council in 1k-2k games (with another two warlocks for the guardians). Tooled up with witch blades (1.5k+) it gives you a flexible amount of psychic powers as well as a good combat unit without being horrendously expensive.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres another question, to go with just normal Ulthwé or the Ulthwé Strike Force... i havn't got my hands on the EoT book but from what my friend told me.... they use webways ^_^ that sounds like fun but if somebody could lay down whats the difference between the two.. i would be very greatful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

heres another question, to go with just normal Ulthwé or the Ulthwé Strike Force... i havn't got my hands on the EoT book but from what my friend told me.... they use webways ^_^ that sounds like fun but if somebody could lay down whats the difference between the two.. i would be very greatful
    I can do that, i play both Ulthwé and Ulthwé Strike Force. Nebulas plays it too, other than him i know no one else on the forum who plays USF.

Anyway, the strike force is like an Ulthwé army but completely different. The army do not have to include a Seer Council, but can use the Spear of Khaine that is an Avatar and 2-5 warlocks. 3 of these warlocks can be assigned to squads too, so it is possible to use only the Spear of Khaine as HQ.

USF uses only black guardians, even in their vehicles!

The drawbacks are that once they start falling back due to casualties, they cannot regroup. And the vehicles costs a little more. USF may only use Vypers and War Walkers as vehicles, and may also not use: Wraithlords, wraithguard, warp spiders, lone farseers and some other stuff, more detailed in the EOT codex. Also their only troop choices are Black Guardian Defenders and Black Storm Guardians. They may only use one squad of aspect warriors except for Dark Reapers (fluff reasons). They may also use the special character Maugan Ra without the opponents permission.

In USF, you must keep at least half of your units in reserve. They enter play from the Wraithgate, that can be carried by a Farseer or Warlock. (but not jetbike warlocks)
    It can be dropped in your shooting phase, marked by a small blast marker.

The thought behind the army is: Sneak up to the enemy, kill some high priority targets, then when close enough drop the wraithgate and the turn after enter all reserves at once and cripple the enemy in one blow. Then mop up the remnants.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do u need to roll for them to come on or is it done auto?
    also i just took a look at Iyanden and went *Blink Blink* i dont like the yellow but the special rules are very nice i might end up doin them, but then i miss out on my Seers but meh... one Farseer is good enough for me
    Last edited by AnimeGod; August 29th, 2005 at 12:12.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast