what is the best... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is the best...

what is the best thing about Tau??? like, what do you need a lot of to win?? a guy i know so far has, 3 stealth suit, 4 xv8, 1 xv88, 12 normal firewarriors, 12 kroot, 1 hammerhead (with railgun), aun'shi, and 12 gun drones. it's an "alright" army. but what does he really need to be better??
    thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Fire Warriors. I love my fire warriors, and I love the way they can shoot up almost anything they set their sights on. One squad in an army that size isn't enough. ALSO - either four or six stealths, because apparently odd numbers are bad. Ask math people, they just are for morale checks and stuff.

edit to avoid double post: Everyone knows what you're talking about when you say XV8 and XV88 (I think) but just say Crisis, Broadside, Stealth or whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Bacon; fire warriors are the way to go, along with more stealths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't forget the crisis suits guys. I'd say field 2 or 3 squads of FW and at least 2 broadsides.
    The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Stealths, hammerheads, and fire warriors are all equal best.

Crisis suits are a clear fourth.

Kroot (with or without hounds), gun drones, the ethereal, and broadsides are all good.

Krootox are poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Warriors. In my opinion, the more fire warriors the better.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mexi
    what is the best thing about Tau??? like, what do you need a lot of to win?? a guy i know so far has, 3 stealth suit, 4 xv8, 1 xv88, 12 normal firewarriors, 12 kroot, 1 hammerhead (with railgun), aun'shi, and 12 gun drones. it's an "alright" army. but what does he really need to be better??
    thanks in advance.
    You need ...........

Whatever you want?

I've seen lists with lots and not-lots of everything, really. Lots of FW's can save the day, lots of Kroot, lots of Crisis Suits ... etc. etc.

So, really, it's up to you and how you want your army to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    You need ...........

Whatever you want?

I've seen lists with lots and not-lots of everything, really. Lots of FW's can save the day, lots of Kroot, lots of Crisis Suits ... etc. etc.

So, really, it's up to you and how you want your army to work.
    I used this for my army.

it's all shooting on markers. I've given my FW leaders HW target lock with markerlights, and I also play 3 tetra's. that way, my 3 broadsides and my 2 railgunned hammerheads will shoot VERY accurate. backup comes from crisis suits with twin plasma and shield generator. the leader has a missile pod and HW multy tracker plus the twin plasma. my hq crisis is armed with a plasma, fusion and missile pod, allong with a HW multy tracker.
    The best thing about chaos, is your opponent's face when he looks at your disgusting Plague marines

+ Reply to Thread