Dark Eldar Vs Nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys,
    My friend has just started playing Dark Eldar, and he's playing a Wych Cult army.
    My army stands thus:

Hive Tyrant - Catalyst, S 6, I 5, WS 6, Scy Tal x 2, Sv 2+, Flesh Hooks

Carnifexes x 2 - BS 3, S 10, I 2, Sv 2+, WS 4, Scy Tal, Barbed Strangler, Flesh Hooks

Tyrant Guard - 2x broods of 3, Flesh Hooks

Tyranid Warriors - 2x broods of 6, WS 5, I 5, Sv 4+, Rending Claws, Scy Tal

Approx 60 "Adrenalgaunts" - Base gaunt genus, leaping, I 5, Scy Tal

2 Lictors

His army, according to the new Dark Eldar revised Edition Codex, has OVER 100 WYCHES. On top of that, he has a Dark Eldar Lord with Haemonculi weapons (complete with Incubi Bodyguard), about 20 grotesques, 6 reaver jetbikes, all wyches mounted on Ravagers....it gets a bit hazy now. I know he has a webway portal, some helions, and some heavy support, but he won't tell me much more.

All of this is in a 1500 point battle. Apparently, because he has a Wych army, each wych is 6 POINTS EACH.
    :blink:
    I don't want to change my army much, mostly because this will be in a tournament-style game we are playing in. However, I am open to SLIGHT alterations, but most importantly advice!!! This army description has scared the spit out of all my friends who play 40K, and they haven't been much help. In addition, I'm a newbie at the gameplay side of things, so I can't just know what I will do with an army I've been playing with for ages....because I haven't. Please help!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why havent u got ANY genetealers? they seriously kick wyches butt in CC
    (er no they dont,i just relised....)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

A wych cult is a very difficult opponent for tyranids. I play both tyranids and dark eldar myself, and the only chances to beat a wych cult in close combat even with tyranids is luck or a stupid DE player.

Do NOT field genestealers against DE. Dark Eldar are faster than genestealers, so they can easily avoid close combat with these (and shoot 'em up), and wyches statistically BEAT genestealers in close combat at equal points, even without charge bonus (which the wyches will get, that's unquestionable).

Insist in using the old assault rules, wych cults benefit a lot from the new ones.

Do not use any scything talons, they get negated by wych weapons. Use spinegaunts instead. Drop the initiative upgrade, it's useless as wyches are I6.

Get three biovores with poison mines. DE hate these.

Some notes about your opponent's army list:
    Dark Eldar Lord with Haemonculi weapons (complete with Incubi Bodyguard)
    A DE Lord can't have haemonculi weapons, these are only for, well, for haemonculi. He can't have haemonculi in a wych cult, and incubi aren't legal either (incubi aren't that good against tyranids though).

all wyches mounted on Ravagers
    Ravagers are heavy support, they can't transport any models. Probably you mean a raider (there is a huge difference...).

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

I've not a lot of experience with Dark Eldar, but do have some generic info.

If he is fielding a huge number of models, use that to your advantage. Biovores were already mentioned. I would add that Barbed Stranglers can be effective at making holes in big units.

Lash whips are great against masses of enemies that have more than one attack each. Bioplasma will give you enough speed to beat out the high initiative that has been mentioned.

Hmm, I wonder if this might be one of the few cases where I'd actually try rippers. Lots of wounds on them (best bang for your points in that respect) and they do have a number of attacks.
    Tyranids: Hive Fleet Kohr-Ah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dark eldar are scary they are the only army i have never beaten with nids.. count on htem being fast aswell as getting the first assult. poison spor biovores make a mess outta large units . try and shoot wyces they font get there 4+ save then and avoid theyer wych lord or archon at all cost! i cant stress that enough most of your hits from the big 3 (tyrant lictor carnifex) will vape them so dont bother. and bioplasma is a must. my tyratn has killed an archon with the shadow field twice before he has even gotten a hit in. other then that i cant be much help. og ya talos are a pain in the ass iether you waste lots of mon power or shots on them and kill em or they make a nasty hole.

XG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont have the DE codex but I just looked in Armybuilder and it shows wyches as being 12 points a piece rather than 6 for a wych cult army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar yoy say :blink:
    hehe i lawf at them i got a friend that is playing
    with DE and i im playing with nids

you need lot of bioves an lot of spinefists,
    barbed stranglers and devures...

Snotmann-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As has been already said, take Biovores with Poison mines. Remember, even though the Wyches are transported by Raiders, the Raider is still open-topped from my memory. This means Poison mines will cause a glancing hit automatically. Apart from that, take away the scything talons as mentioned before. I hope this helps.

-Dismal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know much about DE so can i ask something...
    what makes wyches so good in Cc?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Good stats, the fact that they almost always charge, their ability to halve the opponent's WS for attacks against them, combat drugs (a random bonus such as S+1 or A+1 or rerolling ALL missed to hit rolls), extremely high initiative, their ability to negate the opponent's bonus for two ccws, 4+ invulnerable save for all models.

At equal points, they beat genestealers and khorne berzerkers in close combat. They die in hordes if you shoot them though (the inv save works only in close combat, no "real" armour save).

jwu

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast