Me Again! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Me Again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me Again!

After reading some of the threads in this forum I have decided that I want to start Necrons. (I have just finished my 2000 point Emperor's Children army and decided to start a new army). What should I buy first? (I want to have 1 of all the slots filled at least) and if you suggest HQ what would you equip it with? I know I'm asking alot and help is appreciated.

Thanks to all that reply,

~W@CK!

i feel pretty, o so pretty! I feel pretty, and happy, and High!

Have you ever thought about sitting down and re-evaluating your life?

"For every animal you dont eat, I will eat three"~Maddox

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

The Battlebox and a Foot Lord is a good place to start. Subsequently, some Immortals for your Elites choice and perhaps a Tomb Spyder or a pair of Heavy Destroyers for your Heavy Support.

Then you've filled up at least one of each slot and you should be able to play 750-1,000 point games comfortably.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Earth> USA> NewYork> Schenectady> My Pants
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x4)

Well, the battleforce is a good start. That will give you a good base army. Some people buy two to get lots of Warriors and Destroyers on the cheap.

HQ, I'd definetly start with a Lord and hold off on the C'Tan. Wargear is whatever you plan on using. You can check out this thread (Necron Lord equipment) and see what some of the other members think about various pieces of wargear.
    Gyauayuayuayua! Ja! Ve vill crush da little girly men in deir little girl men awrmor! Ve vill see owur enemies driven befowur us, und hear da lahmentaytions of deir wemen. Und from owur home planet, de stayte uf Califowurnia, ve vill lawunch owur mighty offensive. Even if you kill us, ve'll be bach!! Gyauayauyauyauyau!

-Arnoldunit Schwarzenecronegger; when questioned about the impending doom he would rain down upon the heads of his doomed enemies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gojiratoho
    HQ, I'd definetly start with a Lord and hold off on the C'Tan. Wargear is whatever you plan on using. You can check out this thread (Necron Lord equipment) and see what some of the other members think about various pieces of wargear.
    of the wargear, the only ones you really need to model are Res Orb, and warscythe. Considering that you should only use the warscythe in exception circumstances, and you can turn the 'scythe into the SoL or vica versa with only minor amounts of Green stuff or clipping, you only really need to worry about the res orb.

the DLord comes with a res orb arm, but for the normal lord what you can do is take a lump og green stuff, and stick it to his free arm, his Staff, or the top of his spiney thingy.

I bought my Lord 2nd hand, and the top of his staff had been snapped off, so i converted one using 2 gauss rods stuck together, with a chaos skull painted enamel black on it. i use the skull as a Res Orb. also, BB pellets are just about the right size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as aforementioned get a foot lord and a battle force 670 -770 points
    then:
    if your cheap get another battle force and a monolith for a 1500 point army
    if not consider doing that any way then get immortals and H destroyers to 1750
    then play around and get what you want
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'><u>&quot;Veni Vedi Vici&quot; </u></span></span>

Bob: If you had a dollar for every 60 cents...
    you'd be Canada.

Bill: actually i think its more like 70 cents.

Bob: <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'> Tar-nation! You stole my thunder!</span>

+ Reply to Thread