Packing Issues - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Packing Issues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Packing Issues

Howdy, all. It's me, THE Hersh. I ran into a problem last night. I am assembling more Gaunts, (go figer), and Hormies. Here's the problem, I am having issues packing the Hormies. Currently, I use a big box with some egg carton foam, (it looks like a big hunk of foam shaped like an egg carton). The Hormies are so three dimensional, that they don't fit well. Any suggestions. Remembering that I am on a limited budget, but, I am willing to entertain most suggestions.

A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by THE Hersh
    Howdy, all. It's me, THE Hersh. I ran into a problem last night. I am assembling more Gaunts, (go figer), and Hormies. Here's the problem, I am having issues packing the Hormies. Currently, I use a big box with some egg carton foam, (it looks like a big hunk of foam shaped like an egg carton). The Hormies are so three dimensional, that they don't fit well. Any suggestions. Remembering that I am on a limited budget, but, I am willing to entertain most suggestions.
    Have you considered rifle cases? I bought mine for $24 USD and it carries both my Eldar and My nids, with the exception of my winged hive tyrant (it's not thick enough). The foam actually locks together when closed and holds models very snugly. Also the looks that you get when you walk into a public place are priceless...
    Last edited by dymew; September 1st, 2005 at 15:21.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Why can't I delete my posts...
    Last edited by dymew; September 1st, 2005 at 15:22. Reason: Editing works, but I can't delete now...
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Yah, that no-edit thing is getting irritating. Makes me hafta think before I post now.

Do you put Steel Washers in the bases of your models? I do, and it helps immensely with stabalization. As an added benefit, I have a carrying case that utilizes magnets to keep them still - they ride in the car upright, so I don't have to worry about bent limbs or snapped joints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by dymew
    Have you considered rifle cases? I bought mine for $24 USD and it carries both my Eldar and My nids, with the exception of my winged hive tyrant (it's not thick enough). The foam actually locks together when closed and holds models very snugly. Also the looks that you get when you walk into a public place are priceless...
    Yeah, I used to use a gun case, but, are they big enough for acouple of hundred 'Nids? Bye the way, MY EDIT BUTTON RETURNED, woo hoo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    208 (x5)

Hey THE Hersh, where'd you get egg carton foam? That sounds like just the ticket for my poor orkies, who are at the moment kicking about loose in a couple of shoeboxes inside an old Melbourne Bitter box

EDIT: I have an edit button. I wonder where all yours are?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Yeah, I used to use a gun case, but, are they big enough for acouple of hundred 'Nids? Bye the way, MY EDIT BUTTON RETURNED, woo hoo.
    Mine is 5 x 2.5. It can carry up to 2 rifles. With proper placement, it can easilly carry 200 nids, if they're of the smaller gaunty varity.

And my edit button has returned! Celllllllllllllebrate to night!! ... i'll stop now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

Robotnik, the edit buttons returned yesterday sometime. As to the egg carton foam, i get it out of electronics boxes. Not the consumer boxes but the industry ones. One of my techs provides it for me from all his circuit boards and such.
    A case that can carry two rifles, eh. Hmmmnnn, might be worth looking into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A case that can carry two rifles, eh. Hmmmnnn, might be worth looking into.
    I'm sure the police and a couple other people will think the exact same thing as you walk down the street :p
    As of Tyranid 5th Ed. codex I have the Gaunts I wanted. I did, however, loose the sniperfexs I relied upon and they were more important then the gaunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra
    I'm sure the police and a couple other people will think the exact same thing as you walk down the street :p
    Hey, a fellow Torontonian. As to carrying a rifle case down the street, I've never had an issue with the police. I do tend to get a number of odd looks, especially on the subway, (this is the point where I develop am eye twitch and a smirk, makes people REAL nervous).

+ Reply to Thread