Eldar weapon costs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar weapon costs

Maybe some of you experienced Eldar players can tell me something that has been bothering me about the Eldar codex.

Do you guys notice that the costs for weapons esspecially any Eldar heavy weapons seem to cost a grip of points?

I mean Dark Eldar lances are like 15 points and the Eldar bright lance is 45-50 points each. I am not sure how much a marine missle launcher is but the Eldar one is 50 points as well.

Just seems like other armies can get some nice heavy weapons for 10-20 points.

Is this the way Eldar is supposed to be balanced out by making heavy weapons cost alot?

Let me know where I am wrong and what factors the reeasoning behind these point costs.

SIDE QUESTION: why do Dark Eldar worriors cost the same as guardians but have way better stats?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Because it includes 2 guardian crewmen and it can move and shoot.

Dark Eldar Warriors have worse standard weapons, splinter rifles? hmpf.. but i agree to some extent that their stats are a bit off.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a good point when it comes to guardian heavy weapons.

But on warwalkers and tanks they seem to cost alot.

I'm not sure if the cat is that much better then Dark Eldar splinter rifles from my experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Warriors rock, because the high skill level of the DE makes up for the fact that there is no heavy stuff in their army. And splinter rifles beat shuricats every day of the week. In fact, all atandart weapons in the entire game does that. I guess that the cat was better under the 3rd edition, but they have never been useful to me under 4th. But that is about to change when we get the nex dex (in late winter 2067), or my eldar are going on eBay...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

At least guardians can wave to their friends without slicing their hands off on all the spikes and blades...
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor
    At least guardians can wave to their friends without slicing their hands off on all the spikes and blades...
    Yes, I wouldn't want to recieve a high-five from a dark eldar warrior...

Still, I feel that eldar heavy wealons are rather expensive, with the exception of the falcon.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by dymew
    Yes, I wouldn't want to recieve a high-five from a dark eldar warrior...

Still, I feel that eldar heavy wealons are rather expensive, with the exception of the falcon.
    ... and the vyper and the wave serpent...

But I don't think that the problem is that they cost too much, overall. I think the problem is that the pricing is just really inconsistant. It ranges from 15-45 points to buy a starcannon. What's with that? Why not just change the prices of the vehicles, instead of changing the prices of the guns? Whatever, GW is weird...

Oh, and yeah, the DE warriors are worth their points to a MUCH greater extend. Oh, and Sareld, I really don't think that lasguns come anywhere near the shuricat. Yes, they can shoot at 24" if you don't move, but we have an effective range that is only 6" less, and that's 2 shots, and our shots have higher strength and can bust armor.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone always says "oooo this needs changing" (no-one here just alot of people i know) and yet i seem to win my fair share of battles, so even if their points are off it seems ok as long as you still are mopping the craftworld with a few power armoured nasties at the end of the day...
    "Our race stopped asking questions once before and out complacency all but destroyed us. That must never happen again."
    W/D/L
    Strike Force 7/5/6
    Ulthwe Army 1/0/1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I could just imagine the screams if starcannons got any cheaper .

Breaking it down you get:

Two guardians 16pts (so it's a two wound heavy weapon, BS3)

Starcannon 34pts

which is mobile.

While space marines get as an equivalent at the same cost:

One tactical marine (More accurate, only 1 wound but a 3+ save)

Plasma cannon

which isn't mobile, and arguably a slightly inferior weapon.

Squad weapons are actually pointed pretty well, as far as the eldar go.

Eldar units pay more than their vehicles because:

a) you get more guys
    b) You get to move and fire heavy weapons, which vehicles can already do.
    c) You weren't using those shuriken catapults anyway

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Thardaharis
    Everyone always says "oooo this needs changing" (no-one here just alot of people i know) and yet i seem to win my fair share of battles, so even if their points are off it seems ok as long as you still are mopping the craftworld with a few power armoured nasties at the end of the day...
    The reason that you win your battles is BECAUSE eldar need a change so badly. Some of our stuff is way too good and some of it is complete ****. Some of it is balanced, but the majority of it could REALLY do with some balancing.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast