kroot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kroot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kroot

i have some questions about kroot. i hear that for the most part kroot are worthless in combat. are they actually worth something on the field other than serving as cheap soldiers to throw away in the battle? and i have seen where the kroot can be fielded on their own in a mercenary force. do they even stand a chance of surviving a conlfict and coming out on top on a regular basis or is it a shot in the dark for them to win? im just wondering why they would bring in a group like the kroot and say how they are mercenaries and such and then have them be basically worthless soldiers in combat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Kroot Mercenaries shouldn't be written off as cannon fodder just yet. They aren't Imperial Guard, for starters. *ducks to avoid lasgun fire from angry IG players* The Kroot Mercenaries are meant to be fielded with another army, to provide support, because, as you say, they get torn up by anything larger than a Boltpistol. However, they have their good points, such as certain evolution options that make ordnance weapons hit them on 4+s, and the Kroot are positively deadly in cityfight, since the terrain gives them excellent cover and their WS hacks most things to pieces. Their infiltration rules make them good models to attack an enemy from behind with as well. Put simply, the Kroot are as good as the way you use them. And make sure you play them on a map with lots of terrain to hide behind. o.o
    "...But know this: We are the Tau, emissaries of the Greater Good, and we will not rest until we see this galaxy brought into the freedom of the Tau'va.

Our day will come. And it is coming soon."

~ attr. Shas'o Fal'shia Kauyon Yr Nan

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my oppinion the Kroot are one of the coolest armies around.
    Ok ok so they don't actually kick everyones ass.

and the Kroot are positively deadly in cityfight, since the terrain gives them excellent cover and their WS hacks most things to pieces
    Compare that with their two handed rifles that still allowes them an additional attack in close combat... I think that makes them good...
    I am willing to give up my Iron warrior army if I just get access to enough Kroot models.
    And again, they still get to field wargear, as in wargear for leaders and things like that, that is selected from virtually any army in 40K.

Kasutta!
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kroot absultly suck in armor and firepower kroot rifles suck but if you get a kroot mercenies you could kick ass somewhat

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play the game to have fun and to win sometimes... not to win and beat everyones asses all the time.

I like the look of the models.

And by the way:

The difficult can be done, the impossible is a challenge.
    Solan Gundersen(puppet from Norwegian movie)
    I just plain like the models....
    And as someone said, they kick ass... oir can kick ass in cityfight...

Skål!

HEY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion the Kroot are only good because they look quite cool, and maybe to serve as a decoy of some sort..Also their rules for jungle terrain can give them a nice advantage.

Other than that, their WS is ok but not that good compared to some armies, but the amount of attacks they get (esp. the Shaper) means that you can play the game of luck and have your whole squad gang up on a few enemy models and possibly take out a few.

BTW I'm talking about the Kroot mercenaries in a Tau army, I am unaware of the rules for the kroot-only army..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ii myself like to put forward my kroots and XV8s to soften them up

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, just to clarify it to everyone...
    I was thinking of a Kroot only army, just because they look cool
    I am going to use the mercinary list.
    I especially like the vulture squads and the hunter kindered(I think that is what they are called the kroot that ride on some cold one lookalike thingy...

Kasutta!

HEY!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that the kroot forces have great potential but they seem to have been overlooked for the most part when it comes to having the ability to fight a battle on their own. they are only seen as a support team but it would be nice to see them develop so taht they could fight it out on their own and it would be even better if they would have some models come out to represent their new stuff rather than having to convert everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kroot are good if you know how to use them, like everything.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast