After my first few games... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After my first few games...

Well i had my first night of playing with my new Nids..... it was a fun experience.

We played 3 games, 1) 1500 points standard mission, 2) 40k in 40m 3) 1000 point game omega style these were ALL vs SoB

first game was the best, although the way the terrain was set up i basically charged forward and took mass bolter fire the whole way up the board. with next to no cover other then the starting stuff. This game was a Draw, very fun, my tyrant took sOOO much fire and lived to tell about it, was really funny.

2nd game i got my ass handed to me, i thought it would be fun to pick all "bigger" nids, i had a unit of 5 warriors 3 ripper swarms and 4 ravengers as my army ( 400 points ) and i got my ASS handed to me....

3rd game was a victory for the swarm, i got lucky and killed his tank ( the one with d6 shots str 8 ap 1, cant remeber the name ) after that was killed he didnt have much to fight my big stuff, i took 1 hive tyrant and 2 fexs 4 units of 8 horms, unit of genestealers and brood lord. and 2 zoans.

So my conclusion after playing my first few games is this.... moving mass guants SUCKS HARD. at the end i just got lazy.... only like 5 horm got into combat ( i started with 24 spine/24 horms ) so basically im finding out troop choices just get shot to **** while our bigger things do the big damage.

Im liking the new rules for the carnifexs, really like the dakka fex and i love the dakka tyrant, 12 str 5 shots with re-roll misses/wound is quite nasty and very CHEAP also in point cost.

warriors in both games did nothing for me, they really miss the fleet of claw rule.

Zoans.... did ok.... the 3bs really hurts them, i was missing like 70% of the time and getting really frustrated.

ravengers.. only used them in the 40k, 40m game.... so dotn have opinion on them

stealers--- much better then before but also a BIG target, they made it into combat every game but with very FEW in numbers when they did reach.

Broodlord-- probably my favorite new thing to the army, in both the main games he did well over his point cost in damage, and made it into combat both games.

lictor-- didnt use at all...still in his blister... might return him to the store

fex--- the one armed with TL devo. was awesome, the one i had with VC / BS was ok, but i need some shooty to take care of the tanks. but the 3bs really hurts the BS... i think i hit once. i might TL the VC but thats allot of points for just 2 shots. almost cheaper to do 3 warriors with VC... i also have a HTH fex, with ST, i didnt use him since i was fighting SOB and getting him in HTH would of been a chore. VS armys like KHORNE, Orks, or any other HTH geared armies i think ill pull him out.

tyrant--- one game i made a TL devo one, he did quite well... other game i needed more tank busting power so i made a VC/BS one, he also did quite well. not sure how i will equip him since i havent glued his arms on yet

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the read mate. I think I'll be used to dodgy rolls once I finally get going to play with my nids. I was an ork player first and foremost, and they can't shoot for ****. lol

Before I ask some questions about the units, I was wondering how much scenery you had for the match. You're generally meant to have about a quarter of the table as scenery, spread out across the board and focused away from the edges. If there wasn't much terrain in the middle it would explain why your units were getting shot up so bad.

Warriors

The warriors might benefit from leaping if you want them to get into combat, but it's also a good idea to flank with EC warriors and get some shots off. Don't forget ES if you plan on shooting a lot.

Carnifexes:

Someone in another thread mentioned something about carnifexes not being a close-combat unit first and foremost. It got me thinking ... I already have a CC carnifex with scything talons and I plan to pick up a Carnifex that I plan to equip with BS and VC. I had the idea of using the CC carny as a diversion and a defence of the second one. The shooty carny could shoot all it wants. If people come to attack it, the CC carny could engage these troops, allowing the shooty carny to keep shooting. Alternatively, the shooty carnifex could tie up troops, allowing the CC fex to move on the main force.

Ravagers:

I'm not quite sure about these either. They are fast attack, but are they best used as the first assualt in your army? It seems that these fellas could do a better job holding up and then flanking behind the enemy.

Stealers:

Always known these guys rock hard. Not much to say.

Broodlord:

Be interesting how he moves with his stealers, since they can't fleet.

Lictors:

I like to intimidate my opponents, and whether they kill or not, stopping the enemy from playing his game is worth major points in the log run.

Hive Tyrant:

Okay, after getting my initial force, the first models I got were a Broodlord and a tyrant guard. With a walking HT, tyrant guard are a must. I'm going to playing a Tau guy later this month. The tyrant guard can't be instant killed, so he's going to take a few shots at the very least. For 45 points, each one is a steal.

Zoanthropes:

I know Catalyst is a sweet power, but what does everyone think of having the zoanthrope as an extra synapse that stays in cover, backing up synapse among my army against a non-tank army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use my thropes w/ warp blast and as a synapse ancor and i like the was they work
    as for my fexes i have a 3rd ed set up w/ ex sences VC and BS but i tooled up a CC beat at over 200 pts that attracts major fire and if it dosent die it plows head first into the most aluable thing it can i think it works but not recomended by most players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anabis_Xero
    i tooled up a CC beat at over 200 pts that attracts major fire and if it dosent die it plows head first into the most aluable thing it can i think it works but not recomended by most players

Yeah if it can make it past the first turn :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as for the broodlord, one game he marched up the field, my buddy who never fought him before decided to engage him with his JJ unit... well they didnt last long.... BUT they did shoot to **** my stealers. the other game he infiltrated, he was in HTH turn 3 i think, with 1 genestealer left..... ( was a squad of 6 )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well even when he dosent make it past the first turn it draws fire from other unit like my brood lord, tyrant, and warriors

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by hardcastle
    3rd game was a victory for the swarm, i got lucky and killed his tank ( the one with d6 shots str 8 ap 1, cant remeber the name )
    it's an exorcist. and wossname's idea about fex's is good. arm them for shooting, because no 40k player worth his paint pots will let him get into combat
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Lord Herby
    it's an exorcist. and wossname's idea about fex's is good. arm them for shooting, because no 40k player worth his paint pots will let him get into combat
    i just made a cheap HTH carni, with ST and extra armor. havent used him yet but im just going to march him right up the gut and let all the heavy fire power nail him, while my other MC like tyrant and shooty fexs do the big damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anabis_Xero
    well even when he dosent make it past the first turn it draws fire from other unit like my brood lord, tyrant, and warriors
    hah tyrant fell second turn, warriors got pimp slaped by the dread, and the lord was finished off by the librarian

was a good game though. I am sure youll get me this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread