Your Nid Army..... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Nid Army.....

so, how do you guys play them? what i mean is... are u more of a power gamer? do you have one army list that you are constantly tweaking to be the best it can? do u have just a solid 1500 point army that doesnt change much game to game? or do you have everything the army offers and use differnt army lists all the time?

Me and my friends collect pretty big armies usually 2000-2500points if not more and use differnt lists all the time. but another friend of mine who we dont play often with has a chaos army that he usually always plays ( very little changes other then heavy weapons ) and hes always doing minor tweaks with it, i guess u can call him a "power gamer"

so how do you play ur armies? what do your friends do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I power game against each opponent. I dont have just one army list to take on everything, i have an army i tailor to fight my friends ie more stealors when fighting CSM and SM, hormagaunts against eldar and tau. I experiment to develop an excellent anti-specific enemy list - my anti-power armour list has worked extremely well in the last several games. My friends are just as bad, although my friends Tau army is now an excellent anti-everything list, and my friends SM list is a good anti-nid list.
    Hive Fleet Fuzzy Bunny: Lots and lots of points of Nids (4000pts+)
    The Chapter of the Damned: 5500pts of Dark Angels
    The Children of Fulgrim: 5-6000pts of Emperors Children
    The Kabal of the Bloodied Claw: 2000pts of Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually only have one list, cause I do quite a few tournys. I try to keep a balanced army list, so that when in a tourny I can be able to fight agianst any other army. I dont think its fair to change your list to each oppenent that you play. What good will it do if you have a list that is tailored to one race, and you have to play a different one. But I guess it does not matter if it just for friendly play.
    Iron Warriors 9/1/0 (w/l/d)
    World Eatters 15/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Havarel
    I power game against each opponent. I dont have just one army list to take on everything, i have an army i tailor to fight my friends ie more stealors when fighting CSM and SM, hormagaunts against eldar and tau. I experiment to develop an excellent anti-specific enemy list - my anti-power armour list has worked extremely well in the last several games. My friends are just as bad, although my friends Tau army is now an excellent anti-everything list, and my friends SM list is a good anti-nid list.

2 of my friends are power armor foes... one is DA other is SoB... im finding using fodder troops like gaunts is pointless cause they never make it 12" before they die. due to rapid fire bolters and h.bolters....

can u post ur army list or PM me with it?
    Last edited by hardcastle; September 8th, 2005 at 20:04.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by hardcastle
    so, how do you guys play them? what i mean is... are u more of a power gamer? do you have one army list that you are constantly tweaking to be the best it can? do u have just a solid 1500 point army that doesnt change much game to game? or do you have everything the army offers and use differnt army lists all the time?

Me and my friends collect pretty big armies usually 2000-2500points if not more and use differnt lists all the time. but another friend of mine who we dont play often with has a chaos army that he usually always plays ( very little changes other then heavy weapons ) and hes always doing minor tweaks with it, i guess u can call him a "power gamer"

so how do you play ur armies? what do your friends do?
    I use the same list for whatever battle I play, I prefer the challange, m list has changed very little since 3rd edition, just lost one winged Hive Tyrant (cant take 2 now dammit) and replaced him with a rock hard Carnifex and a Broodlord. anyway here is my 2000pt Stealer based list.
    Its a bit heavy on the rending just how I like it totaly nasty

HQ Winged Hive Tyrant

Winged(obviously), Scything talons, Rending claws, Implant attack, Warp field, Adr Glands(+1I), Tox sacs. 189 points

Broodlord

Acid Maw, Extended Carapice, Toxin sacs. 102 points

Retinue

5 Stealers with Ext carapice and Scyt talons. 115 points
    ================================================== =========

Fast attack

Warriors

4 with Winged, Toxin sacs, Scything talons, Rending claws, Symbiote rippers, Adren glands, 45 points each

2 with Winged, Toxin sacs, 2x Scything talons, symbiote rippers, Adren glands, 43 points each

Deployed in teams of 3 with 2 rending and 1 double scything talon equipped warrior in each team, total points for both teams= 266 points.

Troops

Genestealers

Extended carapice, Scuttle. two teams of 12 one team of 10, total points=736

Hormagaunt broods

Toxin Sacs, Adrenalin glands, 3 teams of 10, total points 390

Heavy

Carnifex
    Barbed strangler, Scything talons, Bonded exoskleton, Extended carapice, Reinforced chitin, Tusked, Enhanced senses, Spine banks, Adren glands(+1int), Toxic miasma,. 202 points

2000 points exactly.

Its fast and scary and that Carnie just draws fire like a magnet (just how I like it)
    Game record 5W, 1D, 0L. 2 massacres, 1 game went to 6 turns the rest finished by turn 4

I play a fast attack game the Tyrant and Warriors move forwaed with the Hormies and the Stealers use the scuttle and FoC to cover ground fast, the Broodlord infiltrates and gets close and the Carnie shoots with its nice template weapon. The nids are always in CC by turn two and the Hormies and Stealers survive because there is litaraly to much to shoot at, its all closing to fast.
    Power gaming I suppose some would call it, me I call it Nids doing what they do best.
    Last edited by Rikimaru; September 8th, 2005 at 20:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I power game, and as such I like having a diverse and large selection.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=46007 (I need gargoyls...)

You kind of have to to have a good nid army, unlike space marines where you can basically take anything and whoop on people.
    Last edited by Pectar; September 9th, 2005 at 15:36.
    From the unspeakable cold of the intergalactic void, an immeasurable alien intelligence moves ever closer. Barren husks of countless star systems lie in its wake.

The first tendrils of the Great Devourer, a single entity stretching over light years of space and controlled by the immortal Hive Mind, have probed our galaxy and found it rich in prey.

It has begun to feed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Generally, I play the same basic list, so, I try and keep it balanced. I find that if you tailor your list, from scratch, every week it's almost like playing with a new army. When I tried that, I kept forgetting things. With a basic standard list, I find it is easier, (or maybe I am just stupid, either or).
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play with a standard SM list as that's all the models i have. I'm starting a nids army that'll hopefully work well against most opponents, so i guess i'll become a power gamer. i think by keeping the list the same u get to know it inside out and the capabilities of each unit. it can get anoying when u're firedns customize their list to be anti whateve, but that's the way it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvus
    I play with a standard SM list as that's all the models i have.
    I know that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvus
    i think by keeping the list the same u get to know it inside out and the capabilities of each unit.
    That's the main reason. I know what to expect from most of my units, (bad dice rolling most of the time). I'll add in a unit or two that I think will do well, but, for the most part my army stays the same, 2 units of 'stealers, 2 units of hormies and 2 units of spinegaunts.
    A little pain never hurt anyone - Larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvus
    i think by keeping the list the same u get to know it inside out and the capabilities of each unit.

That's the main reason. I know what to expect from most of my units, (bad dice rolling most of the time). I'll add in a unit or two that I think will do well, but, for the most part my army stays the same, 2 units of 'stealers, 2 units of hormies and 2 units of spinegaunts.
    This is true, which is why I try and keep my army flexible and ever-changing, but never to such an extent that I have a completely new army. And also, as you become more familiar with ur army, so do your opponents. This isnt too bad if they arent power players, but if they are, they will soon kno the strengths and weaknesses of your army as well as you will, so they try to exploit these weaknesses. Again, this will not be a problem if your main opponents arent power-players, and I try not to be a power player, but against at leats one of my friends (the ultimate power player) I need to power play to survive, never mind win.
    Hive Fleet Fuzzy Bunny: Lots and lots of points of Nids (4000pts+)
    The Chapter of the Damned: 5500pts of Dark Angels
    The Children of Fulgrim: 5-6000pts of Emperors Children
    The Kabal of the Bloodied Claw: 2000pts of Dark Eldar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast