Blood angels problems - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood angels problems

HI guys I have a really problem agains my friends Blood Angels!!
    He has like the biggest Death com. ever with 2 Chaplains in it (with jump packs)! And 5-6 special troppes and a Captain, all with jump packs and power weapons :confused:
    The rest for his army is something like this:
    2 x 5 Scout
    1-2; 2 x 8 Tactical
    1-2; 2 x 5 Assault
    1 Land raider "the bigger one"
    5-6 Devastator with lascannons
    Dreadnought "most of the time in a drop pod"

My big problem is killing the Death Com. with 2 chaplains and not getting ripped apart, by the other jump pack troppes
    And Tau have no blast weapons with str. 8 ap 3 for killing the death com!!!!!

Any Help will be usefull

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_other_guy
    HI guys I have a really problem agains my friends Blood Angels!!
    He has like the biggest Death com. ever with 2 Chaplains in it (with jump packs)! And 5-6 special troppes and a Captain, all with jump packs and power weapons :confused:
    The rest for his army is something like this:
    2 x 5 Scout
    1-2; 2 x 8 Tactical
    1-2; 2 x 5 Assault
    1 Land raider "the bigger one"
    5-6 Devastator with lascannons
    Dreadnought "most of the time in a drop pod"

My big problem is killing the Death Com. with 2 chaplains and not getting ripped apart, by the other jump pack troppes
    And Tau have no blast weapons with str. 8 ap 3 for killing the death com!!!!!

Any Help will be usefull
    Its practically impossible to offer you any advice without knowing the make up of your list, let us know what you have and we can help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have try a normal Tau army and lost really bad :mad: And therefore made a Heavy army for next I play agains him!
    Commander Shas'o 335
    Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Shield Generators; Bonded: Hard-wired drone controller Gun Drones 2; Hard-wired multi-tracker
    2 Bodyguard
    TL Plasma Rifle; Gun Drones 4

Commander Shas'o 335
    Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Shield Generators; Bonded: Hard-wired drone controller Gun Drones 2; Hard-wired multi-tracker
    2 Bodyguard

3 Crisis Battlesuit Team 177
    TL Plasma Rifle; Target Lockers

12 Fire Warriors 156
    Pulse Rifle; EMP Grenades

11 Kroot Carnivores 105
    1 Kroot Shaper

Hammerhead Gunship 140
    Ion Cannon; Two Burst Cannons; Disruption Pod; Decoy Launcher

Hammerhead Gunship 140

3 Broadside Battlesuit Team 255
    TL Plasma Rifle; TL Railgun; Multi-Tracker

I have no idea of this army works, but there is a lot of firepower!

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

If I remember correctly, the Chaplain can only have 3+D3 Death Company come with him. So the MOST he could have is 12. If he ever has more than that, go "WAIT A SECOND....Can't Chaplains only take 3+d3 Death Company?"

Sure, 12 DC is hard, but Ion Cannons and Plasma/Fusion suits should be able to take a lot down. Also, using a 6 strong Stealth Team to just open up on them with Burst Cannons will require a lot of Saves. Though they don't beat his Armor, a ton of shots is going to require a ton of saves, where some saves will fail. 2 Chaplains with Jump Packs is a big point sink. I believe a total of 476? You have to remember that when he takes out 3 Fire Warrior squads.

Personally, there is no single way to beat a fast Blood Angels army like this with Tau. It all depends on the set up of the armies, terrain, and how the dice fall. In a straight out fight, Blood Angels will always win since they can get into HtH by turn 2. Your best bet may be to employ a Mobile Tau army, all your Fire Warriors in Devilfish, lots of Crisis and Stealth suits, and Hammerheads. Also, Infiltrating a big squad of Kroot (ex. 20 Kroot, 8 Hounds, Shaper, and Armor) into a forest will be a big unit that I don't think he'll pass up. Unless he uses frag grenades, the Kroot will go first with thier 58 attacks. That's on top of the rapid firing from the previous turn, because you shouldn't assault them from cover with I3.

And if he has a Baal Predator, hit it with a Railgun ASAP. It's armor isn't amazing, but those TL Assault Cannons and (most likely) 2 Heavy Bolter Sponsons will rip your line appart harder than a DC, because you basic Warriors can't kill it unless it's from the rear, which makes no sense.

But yes, showing us your army list would help a lot.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

The_other_guy, haven't we told you to leave the bodyguards at home? It could very well be your list make up that loses you games.

Good lists have about 2 crisis suits. I'm counting 15, the maximum possible I believe. That's awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

I have try a normal Tau army and lost really bad :mad: And therefore made a Heavy army for next I play agains him!
    Commander Shas'o 335
    2 Bodyguard

Commander Shas'o 335
    2 Bodyguard
    How does he have 4 Drones? You can only take 2. That also seems like a BIG point sink for a model that won't be too effective against most things.

Why all Target Locks? Give one something else, because only 2 need Target locks. Besides, you're going to want concentrated fire. I'd suggest going with Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Mutli-Tracker instead. It's 63 per suit, but it offers more AP 1-2 killing.
    12 Fire Warriors 156
    Pulse Rifle; EMP Grenades

11 Kroot Carnivores 105
    1 Kroot Shaper
    MORE KROOT! Kroot are only effective in either 1 BIG unit, or 2 small units (10-14)
    The EMP grenades are rather pointless on the Fire Warriors. If you want to give them grenades, give them Photon's to take away that extra attack.

Hammerhead Gunship 140

Hammerhead Gunship 140

3 Broadside Battlesuit Team 255
    Those Broadsides are going to hurt somebody. Nothing wrong there. Just make sure they get that Land Raider, or you're screwed. Why does the Hammerhead not have a Multi-Tracker. Move 12" and shoot will give him some headaches.

Fire Power isn't the most important thing, it's mobility. Sure, putting a bunch of shots into him will make him take saves, and then fail saves, but it doesn't matter if next turn you're in HtH.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    Why all Target Locks? Give one something else, because only 2 need Target locks. Besides, you're going to want concentrated fire. I'd suggest going with Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, Mutli-Tracker instead. It's 63 per suit, but it offers more AP 1-2 killing.
    >_<

Do some math. His suits are better than your suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Company Chaplains do indeed get d3+3 Death Company each. So with 2 Chaplains he gets 2d3+6. However, in addition to that, he also gets to roll for his squads. It is likely that at least every other squad will contribute a member, and one in 6 will contribute more than one. So if he runs 6 squads(as seems likely with the sample list provided), He will probably get at least 3, and upwards of 4 or 5 additional Death Company.

My friend plays Blood Angels. The very unlikely but possible 18 man Death Company is a scary thing indeed to an army that has very few AP3 or lower weapons, and only 2 double toughness weapons, one of which is the Seeker Missile.

They are a very tough army to beat, they are just as fast as us, but they close in for assault, and its over if that Death Company gets to you. My most successful(but still not too successful) tactic is to slowly wittle away at that Death Company. Just make sure he can't massacre into a new squad.

I suppose that this post offered nothing useful on how to beat them. Sorry dude, they're rough.
    Emperor have mercy on those who stand against me, for I shall not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His death com. gets 3D + 3 per chaplain and ramdom bigger (something like one from his other units joins the death com. on 4+, and a there after on 6+).
    OK OK I change you have a few points.

Commander Shas'o 135 Pts
    Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Shield Generators
    Hard-wired multi-tracker

Commander Shas'o 135 Pts
    Hard-wired multi-tracker

3 Crisis Battlesuit Team 189 Pts
    Fusion Blaster; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

12 Fire Warriors 120 Pts
    Pulse Rifle

11 Kroot Carnivores 105 Pts
    1 Kroot Shaper

12 Kroot Carnivores 112 Pts
    1 Kroot Shaper

8 Pathfinders 267 Pts
    Pulse Carbine x5; Rail Rifle w/ TLI x3; Markerlight
    Devilfish Dropship
    Burst Cannon; Landing Gear; Seeker Missile

Hammerhead Gunship 150 Pts
    Ion Cannon; Two Burst Cannons; Landing Gear
    Targetting Array
    Disruption Pod
    Decoy Launcher
    Multi-tracker

1 Hammerhead Gunship 150 Pts
    Targetting Array
    Disruption Pod
    Decoy Launcher
    Multi-tracker

3 Broadside Battlesuit Team 255 Pts

Models in Army: 64

Total Army Cost: 1996

I used the points from the bodyguards for more kroots and pathfinders with TL railguns and seekers, is this a totally wasted of points or.....?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

His death com. gets 3D + 3 per chaplain and ramdom bigger (something like one from his other units joins the death com. on 4+, and a there after on 6+).
    OK OK I change you have a few points.

Commander Shas'o 135 Pts
    Hard-wired multi-tracker

Commander Shas'o 135 Pts
    Hard-wired multi-tracker

12 Fire Warriors 120 Pts
    Pulse Rifle

11 Kroot Carnivores 105 Pts
    1 Kroot Shaper

12 Kroot Carnivores 112 Pts
    1 Kroot Shaper

8 Pathfinders 267 Pts
    Pulse Carbine x5; Rail Rifle w/ TLI x3; Markerlight
    Devilfish Dropship
    Burst Cannon; Landing Gear; Seeker Missile

Hammerhead Gunship 150 Pts
    Targetting Array
    Disruption Pod
    Decoy Launcher
    Multi-tracker

1 Hammerhead Gunship 150 Pts
    Targetting Array
    Disruption Pod
    Decoy Launcher
    Multi-tracker

3 Broadside Battlesuit Team 255 Pts

Models in Army: 64

Total Army Cost: 1996

I used the points from the bodyguards for more kroots and pathfinders with TL railguns and seekers, is this a totally wasted of points or.....?
    Your fighting a fast Marine army, so you need low AP weapons and movement.
    1st lose the Broadsides they are to slow and will get caught and destroyed.
    Get another HH with Railgun, in fact ditch the Ion and get two railguns, the subs will work effectively against Marines and solid shot will take out any armour.

The XV8's are spot on just be careful not to get them caught, rut I would lose one team and take another squad of FW the 30" range pulse rifle is nice and your giving the opponent two seperate army components to think about (the mobile and fottsloggers).

If you dont want the FW take a squad of Stealths instead they are very annoying for Marines as they are fast and have good firepower, use em to support the XV8's

Lose the Pathfinders (YES THEY ARE A WASTE)they are of no use for your list and are taking 267 pts up which could be used to give a lot more firepower, use the DF to transport a unit of FW they will be a lot more usefull.

The kroot are ok but small teams do not work use them in one big team put them in front and in the middle of your lines in cover, and use them to shoot and counter charge any unit that gets close to your FW or XV8.

Overall I think you have to many points invested in XV8's, 2 teams with the commanders is plenty, by the way lose the missile pods they suck magainst marines, you need low AP (forget the math and take my word for it low AP wins everytime against marines). Get more FW, lose the broadsides, get another HH and DF with FW and get mobile.

Take the fight to him with the XV8 teams and your commanders, use the subs from the HH on his infantry and Devis and keep a nice solid firebase of FW for back up, use the Stealth (if you have any) to disrupt his plans, use these tips and you should have no trouble.

I used Tau in conlict tornys and in one tourny I beat 2 Blood angels lists, so it can be done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast