witch blades !!!!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

witch blades !!!!!!

right can somebody just give me confirmation on this,, eldar are powerful psychers right ?, they have advanced weaponry right ?, so why are there imperial force weapon equivilents not power weapons ?, oh look im wounding on a 2 1, oh look i get 3 attacks on the charge with 2 ccw's, *enemie* oh look i passed all of my 2+ armour saves, who agrees that witch blades should be made power weapons ?, i asked a gameworkshop guy about this and he said it was because imperial force weapons are supposed to be rare, and eldar witch blades are supposed to be equiped to a whole seer counsel to be used effectivly, this does not make sense ?, so who agrees that witch blades should be power weapons?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Na, that'd be kinda overpowered if they were always power weapons. I say that the farseer/warlock have the ability to make them power weapons if they pass a psychic test. This would not be considered their power for the turn, ie: they can cast fortune and power the witchblades. Maybe make a modifier to the psychic test equal to the difference between the S and the T of the opponent? Like a farseer would need to pass a test on a 9 to power his witchblade to kill a marine. I think that'd be fair
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow never though of that, i guess your right yeah,, but the farser should at least be aloud a power weapon witch blade, but there is not much point to wounding on a 2 when your opponent has a 3+ / 2+ armour save, but the passing a leadership idea is pretty good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Pretty good idea, dymew. But then, i think that it should be instead of their power that turn to make it balanced. You can't use Mind War in a CC anyway, so it won't be much trouble. And then we'll have to raise their points to 25 for farseers and still 15 for Warlocks... a power weapon that wounds on 2+ is insane.

Another solution is that you may choose how to concentrate it's power each turn, either use it as a str 3 power weapon or make it wound on 2+. It would be more balanced...
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

:rolleyes:

Witch blades are good for their reliability. So while a unit of seers doesn't put out many attacks, it can consistently inflict a lot of wounds thanks to their witch blades (especially since they would wound most opponents on 5+ without it).

Combine wounding on 2+ with the ability to get a 4+ rerollable inv save makes for a unit that will deal out more casualties (if only a small number) faster than it will take them (a smaller number still).

If you want to go screaming around with a hardcore command squad of power weapon doom, you play space marines. If you want something that makes a bloodthirster think twice, you play eldar.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

i asked a gameworkshop guy about this and he said it was because imperial force weapons are supposed to be rare, and eldar witch blades are supposed to be equiped to a whole seer counsel to be used effectivly, this does not make sense ?
    No. Whichblades suck, and they are very expensive. If they were meant for everyone in an entire seer council to have, which is IMO the most fluffy, they would be cheaper. Whichblades could be good, if farseers and warlocks had more attacks, so that they could flood the enemy in wounds, but they dont. In stead, if a council ends up in CC, they will most likely be caucht in that combat for the rest of that game, because they are relatively hard to kill themselves, and because they do little to no damage against most HQs. In fact, I have never once won a cc with a council, eventhough they were all equipped for CC. Last time I used them, tuey died while charging a broodlord + retinue. They killed 4 genestealers, but took 10+ wounds every round, and after 2 rounds thet fled and got killed on sweeping advance. And that broodlord + retinue was about half the price of my council! Personally I think the idea of a sword that is only good against tanks is a rather stupid idea. I would rather have the witchblade to be like a powerfist that attacket in initiative order, or a dire sword, but not the way they are now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think witchblades are cool, i can tie up say a 250 point demon prince with them and the demon prince is trying to chop all my council up when i do a charge from my howling banshees that just obliterate it, seer council can hold things up until help arrives, but the witchblades aid in this by making them cause a few wounds before hand... very good when up against nurgle etc
    "Our race stopped asking questions once before and out complacency all but destroyed us. That must never happen again."
    W/D/L
    Strike Force 7/5/6
    Ulthwe Army 1/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Normally, when I charge something with a 300+ point unit, I enspect it to do more than just tie up the unit they charge until hepl arrives. I enspect the unit I attack to be utterly destroyed. But witchblades can barely scratch a normal tactical squad! Thats not how I would invest more than 300 points, if I wanted cc units

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Sareld
    Normally, when I charge something with a 300+ point unit, I enspect it to do more than just tie up the unit they charge until hepl arrives. I enspect the unit I attack to be utterly destroyed. But witchblades can barely scratch a normal tactical squad! Thats not how I would invest more than 300 points, if I wanted cc units
    Well said. I think that, since power fists are essentially power witch blades that strike last, (costing 15/25 points). Since power witch blades would strike in initiative armor, they should cost 25 (our seers are worse than the marine heroes who have 25 pt power fists).
    In addition, cc weapons should be renamed, and made to cost 9 points. This new weapon should be given the abilities of the current witch blades, though possibly tuned down a bit.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think witchblades should be rending... such as if you roll a 6 the psycic showwave kills the person outright, and then maybe up the points by a few
    "Our race stopped asking questions once before and out complacency all but destroyed us. That must never happen again."
    W/D/L
    Strike Force 7/5/6
    Ulthwe Army 1/0/1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast